Chapter 39: Call of the Past

[CQL Production Office, Shanghai]

[Third Person P.O.V.]

It took two more hours for Soobin to complete her work completely. Her phone blacked out due to low battery charge, so she couldn't see the time.

"Jiyang-ah! Could you tell me what's the time now?" She asked Song Jiyang who was standing nearby.

"It's 10," he replied.

"IT'S 10 ALREADY?" She looked surprised, "I've gotta leave now!"

She grabbed her car keys from her desk.

"Do you know where Bin-bin is?" She asked.

"The director called him," Jiyang replied, "So Bin-ge's in his cabin now. There must be something important."

The pet shops were going to get closed in 2 hours. And the roads remain jammed the most during this time as everyone's returning home from their workplaces. Soobin had really busy schedules for the next 3 days including night shoot. So she had no other option except starting for the pet shop right away and without any delay.

She remembered that Yu Bin told her to inform him first before going anywhere. She waited for him for about 10 minutes but he didn't come out. She was already running out of time and could wait for him no more. She felt that the meeting with the director was even more important for him than joining her and she could pacify him after returning as soon as possible. So she decided to start off alone.

"If Yu Bin looks for me," She shouted to Jiyang while rushing towards the garage, "Tell him that I'm sorry."

She started her car rushingly and hit the road.

[Meanwhile in the director's room]

"So you had a nosebleed?" The director asked while lying back to his armchair.

Yu Bin nodded his head casually.

"And you passed out due to suffocation?" the director added.

"Well, it sounds pretty awkward.... but you can say that," he replied.

"And you tried hide it from me?" The director seemed to be annoyed.

"For good purposes, of course," he replied indifferently.

"What purposes?" The director asked with a way more annoyed look.

"If I had informed, you would've stopped the shootings and all our schedules would've gotten delayed again."

"But you are still unwell and you need rest. So the shootings need to be postponed."

"Sir, you must've gotten the wrong information," Yu Bin smiled, "I'm in good shape now."

"The doctor who visited you this morning is a friend of mine," the director said, "So you better stop wasting your time making up stories."

Yu Bin exhaled.

"All the schedules for tomorrow are officially cancelled. We don't play with people's lives here. You will have to rest if you want or not," the director smirked, "And this is what we call care."

"No matter what you call it, you can't change the fact that it's simply procrastinating," Yu Bin said in a stubborn tone of voice.

"Argh! We could spend a day off in this excuse, but there's no way I can get you to listen to me," The director knew where to hit, "Should I call your brother to convince you instead?"

"No need!" Yu Bin smiled awkwardly, "Spend another unnecessary day-off. Eat and party till your heart's content. Skip all the work and sleep wholeheartedly. I can compromise."