Chapter 53: Let's Call This 'Fate'

[Next day]

[At Beijing Institute of Economics and Management]

[Soobin P.O.V.]

It's been four long years. These four years I had been adept in work and tried to keep myself busy. But still I couldn't get over the desire to come back to these premises, to steer up those old memories. Now finally fate brings my wish to reality.

I took a breath and entered the main gate. Many things there seemed a bit changed, but the feeling still remained same. There were students all around the campus.

I came across the basketball court. There was a poster hung on the anouncement board. It said that the national basketball tournament was gonna be held in this institute.

A long sigh left my chest. It's been long I've watched a basketball match. We used to be crazy about these tournaments. But who knew life would get us to be so busy that we'd forget to even look back at our passions?

My train of thoughts was disrupted by a ball which rolled near my feet. I looked back and noticed the players in the court.

"Would you pass the ball, please?" One of them asked.

I took up the ball and grinned looking at it. I unconsciously walked to one end of the court. I haven't touched a basketball ever since I left this institute. But something inside me was continuously telling me that I'm still able to make a perfect throw.

I looked straight at the hoop in front. I closed my eyes and threw the ball without any second thought.

1... 2... 3...

I opened my eyes hearing the sound of cheering.

"Wow! She made a basket standing out of the court!" One player inside the court shouted.

"It's amazing!" Another boy said.

"A-jie, do you play in the national team?" A girl asked, "You play just like Li Hua Jun!"

"Yeah, you're right," A player walked towards me, "A-jie, can I get your autograph?"

"Wait a sec!" I asked back, "Who were you talking about earlier? You know Li Hua Jun?"

"Who doesn't?" He replied, "She's a national level player, in fact the best basketball player in this country. She's gonna come to play in our institute on the national tournament. We are all really proud of her as she's from our institute."

"Oh my God! Our girl is national level player now!" I mumbled and facepalmed, "But damn! It's a pity that I came to know that so late. So irresponsible of me!"

"Did you say something, A-jie?" The boy asked me.

"Thank you very much!" I said while running towards the main building of the institute.

Many things inside the building was renewed. The office was shifted to the other side of the building. There was a new college receptionist. I asked her about the details of Li Hua Jun.

After I got enough information, I took her leave and walked towards the door. Suddenly I don't know thinking of what, I stopped and turned back.

"Ma'am, could you please give me some information about a student of the 73rd batch?" I asked.

"Of course," She said, "What's the name?"

I took a long breath. I know I'm about to break my promise, but I can't turn back now. Why do my life always lead me to take the toughest vows and end up breaking them?

"Yusheng," I replied with tough voice, "His name is Luo Yusheng."

"Let me check," She said while typing something on the keyboard, "You may take a seat."