One Stark is enough

"Director Fury is requesting the presence of the extended avengers in the meeting room," the human like voice of Jarvis sounded, and Tony sighed before getting up.

Their private meeting room was on the living floor, used more often than anyone would believe, so the walk there wasn't far. When Tony arrived, the room already contained Natasha, Steve and Bucky, and of course Fury himself, meaning a full house.

Tony didn't offer a word as he sat down next to the others.

"We have a problem," fury opened.

"You have a problem. Solve it yourself," Tony told, standing up again. He was still angry at the man for sending his daughter to Mojave for no good reason, no matter how safe he said the mission was.

"Sit down, Stark," fury ordered.

"Actually, I'm done taking orders from you. Apparently you got my daughter to obey you, one Stark is enough," he claimed.

"This is about your daughter," Fury told. Tony looked at him before slowly sitting down again.

"What about Lana?" Steve questioned with narrowed eyebrows, glancing to Bucky to see if he knew anything, but he looked as concerned as he was.

"And why is that an avengers matter?" Added Natasha.

"Not just Ms Williams, but the Joint Dark Energy Mission Facility. As you may know, Williams and Barton recently left to go there because we worried something would happen. And now, something did happen," Fury informed coldly.

"A portal opened and a man came through. The place blew up-"

"WHAT?"

"-however everyone got out of there before it did," Fury finished.

"For gods sake," Tony sighed, half annoyed and half relieved.

"Where are they? They must be a bit shocked," Steve asked.

"That's the bad part. They both left with the man. Loki, as he called himself."

"Why would they leave with him?" Natasha asked confused.

"Well... He seemed to have Barton under some sort of mind control," Fury told.

"Are you telling me someone is controlling my daughters mind?" Tony asked, standing up angrily.

"No," fury answered quickly, Tony sitting down again.

"He kidnapped her," Fury admitted.

"So. You, mortal, dared steal from me?" Loki asked slowly, walking around Lana. She wasn't sure how she was standing - not only did she have but one shoe on, she couldn't feel her legs. Whether it was fear, adrenaline or something entirely else, it had stolen all sense of feeling in her legs.

"I'm not the criminal here," she told, swallowing the lump in her throat; "I didn't steal shit."

She wasn't sure where she was, but the big room had no windows and no furniture. In other words, it was unused. No one would stumble across them.

"Tell me, and I'll let you go," he offered, almost politely, and stopped directly in front of her. Clint was standing behind him, entirely unaffected by the situation it'd seem.

"No, you won't," Lana replied honestly. Loki smiled.

"Clever girl," he commented, turning his head a bit to the side; "we'll just have to do it this way." He raised the spear, pointing it at her heart.

She closed her eyes as it neared her, fearing whatever would happen.

"Stop!" She then cried, opening her eyes. Loki just smiled, continuing.