It's our friendship 101

Lana entered William's apartment after he yelled a greeting, smiling as she made her way to the living room where he sat surrounded by small pieces and trinkets, a screwdriver in his hand and a computer in front of him, some sort of coding on it. The computer was connected to whatever he was working on with a wire, and Lana couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her nerdy friend.

"Sorry I'm late, I was with Fury," she told, stepping over some hardware on the floor and tossing the stack of papers she was carrying in her right arm. She pulled out a chair and sat down across from William, taking a sip from the to-go cup in her hand.

"Yeah? What did he want? And where's your bodyguard?" William asked, clearly distracted as he typed on the laptop, moving the screwdriver to hold it with his teeth. Lana picked at the lid of the coffee cup, looking down.

"Just some work stuff," she excused, not wanting to break her NDA; "I have a new kind of mission and he was just briefing me."

"Wait a mission?" William asked with furrowed eyebrows after spitting the screwdriver out, Lana having gained all his attention. "Aren't you a strategist?"

"Well, now I'm officially an agent," she told, smiling awkwardly.

"Wait, for real? What does that mean, exactly?" William questioned.

"Nothing important. The relevant part is that I get a raise, and I have plans for investments," she told excitedly, waving her hands at the big pile of papers she'd brought. Multicoloured post-its stuck out on practically every page, and it was only barely held together by the help of a very ambitious binder clip.

"Wait, seriously?" William asked as he broke into a smile.

"'Course. We just need a name before I register the business, and then you need to sign ten million things," she explained, handing him the big stack of papers.

"You really went all out, huh?" he asked as he felt the weight of the stack, laughing slightly.

"Well, go big or go home," she quoted, sipping from her cup while Will flipped through a few pages.

"And I already am home, so I have to go big. Smart," William commented, flipping with his thumb.

"You know me," Lana agreed teasingly; "So. Name?"

"William. Nice to meet you," William replied, smiling politely. Lana rolled her eyes, unable to hide her smile.

"Funny. I was thinking Mateo Security Systems," she informed him.

"Mateo?" William exclaimed, furrowing his eyebrows; "But that's my name?"

"Wait, it is? What a funny coincidence!" Lana pointed out excitedly, smiling when William shot her an annoyed look.

"Lana, don't you want part of the name?" he asked.

"Will, this is your baby. I'm just doing some light paperwork," she reminded him, finishing her coffee and placing the cup on the table.

"This does not count as light," William disagreed.

"You don't have to read it. Like yeah, obviously always read the contracts, but it really is just standard stuff. You give your rights to your product to the company, you'll get fifty percent of final turnover, and by final I mean that a percentage is required to be reinvested in the company, every penny won't go to our salaries," she began listing.

"Bloody hell," William breathed out impressed before nodding his head; "But I'll get it signed, no problem."

"I've put post-its on the pages you need to sign. Also, I need your lease," she added.