Turtles are turtles, worms are worms

Lana sighed heavily, rubbing her forehead with a tense hand before shaking her head and returning her attention to the computer. She was sat on the bed, having returned from Williams not long before so she could get ready for the party with Natasha as agreed, only to be entirely distracted when she got an email saying that the shipping company they'd made an agreement with was backing out. Apparently, they hadn't realised how big of a task they'd agreed to and wanted more money, however, Lana couldn't help but suspect they'd purposely dragged out the time so she'd be more desperate and would have to agree to whatever price they offered.

Bucky entered the room, looking at the distracted girl on the bed and rolled his eyes. He was going to toss the bag of candy to her before noticing just how distracted she was.

"Hey. Got you some candy," he told, making her look up. Her hair was gathered behind her head and she was wearing her regular jeans and a sweater, clearly not prepared for the party.

"Oh, sweet!" she replied, catching the bag he tossed her way; "Get it? Because it's sweets?"

"I got it," Bucky replied, a tired smile on his lips as he grabbed his book and plummed his body on the couch.

"Because they're sweets and I said sweet," Lana continued, pulling open the plastic bag and eyeing the content curiously.

"Yes. Funny," Bucky complimented, opening the book in his lap.

"You suck," Lana stated, chewing on a gummy; "Why'd you get me sweets, anyway?"

"Because you haven't eaten since this morning," he replied dryly, turning an unread page in his book.

"You don't know that. Catch," she commanded, tossing Bucky a liquorice that he caught in the air, not removing his eyes from the book.

"Well, have you?" he challenged, tossing the liquorice into his mouth.

"You could've brought me actual food," Lana pointed out instead, not willing to admit how well Bucky actually knew her.

"But that you wouldn't have eaten," Bucky told; "I know how to trick you into eating. I'm not stupid."

"Debateable. Catch," she ordered, tossing a worm his way.

"Oh, shoot. We're out of green turtles," Lana realised, letting the bag fall back on the bed with a pout.

"You're saying the ocean's filled with purple turtles?" Bucky asked, looking up from his book.

"And you say I'm not funny," Lana muttered, typing on her computer.

"Just take one of the worms," he suggested with a shrug, turning his attention back to the words.

"Mh. I like the turtles better," Lana hummed in reply, her attention slowly returning to the work she had before her.

"But they're the same," Bucky pointed out, looking back up.

"No, they're not, turtles are turtles, worms are worms. Not the same," Lana informed with a shrug.

"They're both green," Bucky told her.

"So is grass and the Saudi Arabian flag. Doesn't mean they're the same," Lana pointed out, clicking send on her email.

"It's literally the same content poured into different moulds," Bucky argued, gesturing two moulds with his hands.

"Yeah, but the moulds are different and the shapes are different," Lana told, shutting down her computer.

"You can't taste shape," Bucky told her annoyed.

"No, and you can't taste colour either, but the green ones are still the best," she pointed out, putting the cap on her pen.