Oh, the tesseract?

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" Tony yelled, seething with anger. Lana sat in one of the black leather chairs, looking down at her hands in her lap. The team was standing around the conference table, Bucky with his back turned to them all and looking out the window.

"You cannot make these decisions on our behalf!" Steve told her, a tad better at hiding his anger.

"Loki's crazy, we can't trust him!" Bruce told her loudly.

"Guys!" she interrupted, finally looking up; "Don't you think I know all this?! Of course, it was crazy, but I wasn't thinking! They were about to kill you, I had to stop him, I had to do something crazy!"

"THAT'S NOT YOUR JOB! You're not even supposed to be in the field!" Tony yelled on, gesturing wildly around him.

"My job is strategy, this is strategy," Lana argued, beginning to grow tired of his yelling.

"You shouldn't have talked to him," Steve told her seriously.

"Then who should have, Steve? You couldn't fight him, I sure as hell couldn't fight him, and he wasn't listening to any of you! I was the only one who could!" Lana reminded him.

"She's right," Natasha stated. She sat down on the opposite side of the table, crossing her legs and folding her hands calmly in her lap.

"What?!" Tony exclaimed, turning to her.

"I don't like this any more than you do, but what choice did she have?" Natasha argued calmly.

"Guys?" Bruce mentioned, looking around the room.

"THE CHOICE OF NOT TEAMING UP WITH HIM!" Tony yelled, only growing angrier.

"Guys, what's that sound?" Bruce tried again. Lana furrowed her eyebrows as she noticed it too, a kind of summing growing in volume.

"We would have been dead," Natasha reminded Tony.

"That's part of the job!" Tony just shot at her.

"GUYS!" Lana interrupted, making everyone shut up. Realisation dawned on their faces as they noticed the sound, too. Steve sent the room one last look before rushing off, quickly followed by the rest of the team.

"Stay back," Bucky warned Lana before following the others. Lana scoffed, getting her crutches and speeding after the rest. She followed their tracks and ended up on the roof right as a bright light appeared. She almost dropped her crutches as her instinct was to cover her eyes, but instead, she just squinted them tightly. When the sound and light disappeared, she blinked her eyes open slowly. No one said a word as the newcomer looked at them. Standing before a team of Avengers, and yet he managed to stick the most out with his traditional armour and red cape. Blond hair fell on his shoulders and he eyed the team with uncertainty.

"You must be the brother," Lana broke the ice. The man furrowed his eyebrows, looking behind the team and at her.

"I am Thor. Of Asgård," he introduced. He had a loud voice, not necessarily because he was raising it, just because it was the kind of voice you could practically feel in your bones. Entirely opposite to Loki's voice, which was either soft and petite or sharp, ready to cut.

"Loki's brother?" Tony checked.

"Loki's brother?" Thor of Asgård repeated, even more confused.

"We've been expecting you," Bruce informed, sending him a small smile.

Thor had agreed to come with the team and they'd returned to the conference meeting. Thor had briefly explained that he was, in fact, the brother of Loki, and that he was actually here to stop him. Tony wasn't believing that, but Thor claimed his brother was a good person, just misled, and he wanted to help him before he did something he would come to regret. He'd explained that they were of Asgård, an entirely other realm, and that they were, in fact, gods. Tony suggested he proved it, and Thor just laughed, handing Tony the hammer, which fell to the floor the second Thor let go, leading to a quick explanation of what the hammer represented.