I do impress, don't I?

"What the hell were you thinking going out?" Tony yelled at Lana, who groaned in frustration before replying.

"I was thinking that I wasn't a bloody prisoner!" she shot back; "You don't want me in the tower, you don't want me out of it, where exactly do you think I should be, Tony?!"

"England!" Tony replied quickly before they got interrupted by Bucky entering the room. They were next to the interrogation room, a big oneway mirror allowing them to look into the room where the guy from the cafe sat, chained to the table with heavy cuffs.

"Hey," Lana greeted, happy for a distraction. Bucky just nodded before looking at the guy.

"Said anything yet?" he checked, glancing at the father and daughter.

"Steve's supposed to interrogate him in a second," Lana informed; "What did the doc and Bruce say?"

"I'm fine, Doll," Bucky told, not looking at her.

"If you say so," she agreed softly, still worried about the grip the guy had had on him.

"How're your friends?" he suddenly asked, Lana looking down.

"Sarah's pretty out of it. Fury said he'd send someone to take her to the airport so she feels a bit safer," she told, fiddling with the sleeve of her shirt.

"Mh. William?"

"Worried about us, mostly. He feels bad for leaving me there," Lana told, ignoring her dad pacing behind them.

"He should," Bucky agreed flatly.

"I told him to," Lana disagreed curtly, looking at the guy through the glass. Steve entered the room, still wearing his uniform. He crossed his arms as he stood next to the chair he was supposed to sit in.

"Wanna tell us what you were doing at the cafe? Because I'm pretty sure you weren't there for the coffee," Steve added, the guy not even looking at him.

"Who are you working for?" Steve then asked. "Don't make this harder for yourself, son."

Fury entered the adjoining room.

"Williams, I think it's safe to say you're the first office employee to have so much field experience," he commented dryly.

"And in so little time, too. I do impress, don't I?" she replied, smiling sarcastically at her boss, who did not look amused.

"You're free to go," he then told. "You'll have to stop by the medical wing."

"I'm entirely fine, Fury, I was hardly even in the fight," Lana disagreed, glancing at Bucky, who was still paying attention to the interrogation.

"I don't care. Protocol. I'm keeping my ass safe. If you die tomorrow, I don't want blame," he just explained.

"Fine," Lana agreed with a sigh; "Wouldn't want anything to happen to your bum, would I now?"

"I'll go with," Bucky offered before turning to them. Apparently, he had been paying attention to your conversation as well.

"I thought they'd already checked you out?" Lana asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"The last two times you went anywhere, you were attacked," he pointed out, raising his eyebrows unimpressed.

"Almost as if America isn't safe for you," Tony added, making Lana roll her eyes. She left the room with Bucky, quietly walking down the hallway.

"Thanks for walking me," she said softly, not receiving a reply. She bit her lip slowly before continuing.

"And for saving me. At the cafe," she added, Bucky still nod replied. They reached the hospital wing and Bucky walked through, not holding this one for her. With difficulty, she pushed it open with the broken crutch and hurried through before it could close in her face.