You look ugly when you cry

Not me uploading this because I'm dying to see what chaotic_bisexua1 is going to be commenting

"Hey, hey, you're okay," a voice immediately promised when Lana woke. She felt someone holding her hand and slowly opened her eyes.

"Dad?" she tried asking, but her voice was interrupted by what felt like gravel in her throat.

"Shh, shh, don't talk," Tony replied, handing her a plastic cup with water. He helped her sit her up on the table and kept his hand on her back as he handed her the cup. With a shaking hand, she moved it to her lips. She let the water in her mouth, swallowing it in big gulps. She let out a breath of relief, smiling slightly as she looked around them.

"W - where are we?" she asked, her voice still rough.

"We're on our way home. We're getting you home, okay?" Tony promised, bringing her hand up to his face and kissing it. "How do you feel, sweetheart?"

"I'm... I'm thirsty," Lana admitted. Tony immediately nodded and promised to be right back before disappearing.

Bucky slowly stepped forward, an unsure look on his face.

"James," Lana said relieved.

"Hey, doll," he replied softly, sitting down where Tony had not long ago.

"I'm not gonna ask you how you are," he told, making her smile tiredly.

"Good. I'm not going to ask you either," she decided, scratching her arm.

"Me?" Bucky asked confused.

"I don't want to say you look like hell, but you do look like you've been through it," she stated, grimacing slightly. Bucky muttered something about her not being entirely incorrect before shaking his head.

"Your dad pushed me out of a plane," he then explained.

"He what?" Lana asked, immediately sitting up straighter.

"No, no, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter," Bucky promised, taking Lana's hand to calm her down. "I, we.... We were so fucking worried." A tear rolled down Bucky's cheek as Lana pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you for saving me," she whispered into his neck, making him cry harder.

"I'm sorry it took so long, doll," he replied as she pulled away, trying to stop the tears. Lana took notice and looked down before replying.

"You look ugly when you cry," she told him, making him laugh through his tears.

"God I hate you," he told, wiping the tears away.

"You just saved my life," Lana pointed out, lying back down on the table. It was uncomfortable, but she hardly noticed with how tired she was.

"Yeah, well, finding someone new to hate is too much work," Bucky claimed with a shrug, finally calmed down.

"But going on a mission against a god wasn't?" Lana pointed out, closing her eyes.

"This is why I hate you," Bucky told flatly; "Nitpicking."

"I found it," Tony informed as he came back with two bottles of water. Bucky immediately rose from the seat, stepping away from them both. Lana gratefully took the bottles, downing them immediately.

"God, save some for oceans," Tony commented dryly.

"Stark-" Bucky interjected.

"It's fine, he's just not used to anyone else being as comfortable with a bottle as he is," Lana commented, putting the lid back on the second bottle. "Where exactly are we?"