Let's Wait Awhile (DJ Quik & Left Eye) Sneak Peak

Compton, California (1991)

Compton, California
(1991)

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

"Hello?"

"Hey girl, we were all tryin' to go to this kickback KK is having later on tonight. Just wanted to know if you were cool with coming."

"I don't know T. I'm not sure if I wanna see D right now."

"I had a feeling you were gonna say that. Kk said he won't be there. It shouldn't be a problem Lisa. Just come. It'll be fun."

*Sigh* "What time?"

"8:00p.m. "

I looked over at my clock on my dresser to see it was 6:45.

"I'll think about, okay?"

"Fine. Even if David was going, he shouldn't be consuming your life to the point you don't want go to a party because he'll be there. I know what happened between you two was a lot. But you should still be able to live your life. It's been almost a month now since you guys broke up."

"I know T. I'll talk to you in few."

"Aight peace."

"Peace."

~

I sat up in my bed and looked at the wall. That's when that day came to my mind.

*Flashback*

"Baby you want popcorn?" David asked me.

"Yeah. Give me some Reeses too. And a slushee." I added.

"Aight. Let me get a medium size thing of popcorn, some Reeses, and a medium sized slushee." He told the guy at the snack counter.

We were at the movie theater about to watch "The People Under The Stairs". It's was Me, David, Tionne, and KK. They were off to the side waiting for us to get our snacks.

"Is that all?" The guy asked.

"Nah um let me get a medium sized thing of popcorn and a Soda. Coke." She finished.

We got our snacks and walked over to T and KK.

"Y'all ready?" KK asked.

"Yeah." David said as we all started walking towards the theater the movie was showing in. Me and Tionne where in the front while David and KK were a few ways behind. That's when I overheard David And KK talking.

"So what you tryna do after this?" KK asked David.

"I don't know. Ima probably go back to my place with Lisa and chill." He answered.

"Aw shit. I was gonna do the same with T. You need some condoms?" K asked.

"Wait, nah. It's not like that. We just gonna chill. I wanna do it when she ready and we haven't really talked about doing it yet so I'm not worried." He responded.

"Damn, she ain't give you no pussy? *chuckle* I feel bad. Vikki ain't never do you like that." He said making my heart sank.

Now I knew about David dating Vikki before me and that wasn't a problem. I also knew David wasn't a virgin. It was never a issue because I trusted him and we already had a talk about sex and everything. We wanted to do it when we were both ready.

But the problem was how K made it an issue that we didn't do anything yet. By this time we had been dating for 3 months and David never said he had a problem with it. So I just assume we were both okay with it, but this night just showed me how much of a problem it really was.

✨TBC✨