Can We Get Away? (Tyrin Turner & Bianca Lawson) Sneak Peak

Compton, California(1993)

Compton, California
(1993)

"Shaunie, come look at this! Its mad cute." I called over to my friend as I picked up this crew neck sweatshirt.

"Oo that is." She said snatching it from my hand and running towards the register with it.

"Hey! I found that shit first!" I had shouted chasing after her.

Once I caught up to her, she stopped and quickly turned showing me this cute red crop top that she had found. It was exactly what I was looking for.

"See, now you can't be mad at me. Take this." She smiled as I snatched the red shirt out of her hands.

"Thanks asshole." I smiled and walked over to the register with her.

Before we left the mall, I had went to the bathroom to change into the crop top because it matched with my black pants and boots. I looked at myself before leaving the bathroom walking over to Shaunie.

"Oo girl that's so cute on you!" She said looking at me.

"Right. I'm so glad you found it. Now come on before we miss the bus." I said as we walked out of the mall.

~

We had finally got on the bus and was only 10 minutes away from our stop. That's when the bus halted and the doors opened as a couple of boys got on. They all wore blue, letting me know immediately that some shit was about to pop off.

I noticed one squinting over at me as he walked over to one of the seats in the middle of the bus. His friends all sat down, oblivious to what he was looking at.

Instead of just sitting down with his friends, he headed straight towards me. Once he got closer, he got all up in my face before finally speaking.

"You know where the fuck you at?" He hissed.

" Yeah, I do. What the fuck you want with me?" I snapped at him now getting in his face.

"Bitch, you must be fucking crazy if you think you about to get away with wearing this red shit in our hood!" He shouted as everyone was now looking in our direction.

Shaunie stood up as she placed her hand behind her back holding onto her gun just in case he made one wrong move.

" Fuck you and them niggas. Y'all ain't gon' do shit!" I spat.

Suddenly, someone grabbed the boys shoulder pulling him back. It was one of his friends. He was dark skinned and wore a golden cross around his neck. He had some real nice lips too.

"Yo O-Dog, chill!" He said trying to calm him down.

"Man fuck that! This bitch is in our motherfucking territory!" He yelled.

His friend then looked back at me but this look was different from someone that would be mad about me being a Tree Top Piru. He then looked back over at his homeboy.

"Man, she ain't even worth it fool. Let's go." He said turning around walking away.

The other guy then turned and looked at me pissed. He stuck up his gang signs and grabbed his groin, making me throw up mine.

"You better be packing next time I see you bitch!" He hissed once again.

"Bitch I already am!" I shot back, showing my piece in my front pocket. He then smacked his teeth and walked away as me and shaunie sat back in our seats.

"Man, next time we go out anywhere, we going with Reggie. He would have blown all of they fucking heads off." She said.

"Nah. We don't need him. We not like them weak ass crip bitches that need they niggas everywhere they go." I said looking back over at the group of boys.

That's when I seen the one who stopped that other nigga from fucking with us glance over at me. I gave him a stank look and all he did was laugh and look away. I could tell he wasn't like the rest. It was something about him. But at the time, I have no idea what it could be. Little did I know, he would become my everything.

✨TBC✨

A/N: I really tried with this one. I have a hard time writing some real hood shit, even though I've watched mad hood movies my 19 years of living. So please bare with me lol. Thanks for reading.