Let's Wait Awhile (DJ Quik & Left Eye) Part 2 Ending

~

"T can you get me something to drink?" I asked Tionne as she got up from the couch to go the kitchen.

"Yeah. I'll be back." She said walking away.

As I sat on the couch waiting for T, I seen KK walk over to the door after someone had knocked on it. When he opened the door, I seen him dap up a couple of guys. That's when I seen David walk in last, dapping KK up. I felt my body tense up. He actually came.

Him and KK were laughing about something when he just so happened to look over at me. Once he saw me, I quickly got up and walked into the kitchen to see Tionne looking in the cooler.

"T, I thought you said David wasn't coming." I asked her making her turn to look at me.

"Girl you should have known he was coming. I only said that so you could get out the house. Just act like he isn't there. It's not that hard." She said handing my a coke taking a sip from hers.

She then walked away, out of the kitchen. I sighed and open my drink, taking a sip from it. I then laid up against the kitchen counter looking at my shoes, until I heard someone say my name.

"Lisa?"

I looked up to see David standing over by the kitchen doorway. I didn't know what to say or how to really feel at the moment.

"Uh..hey." I said looking away from him taking another sip from my drink.

"Long time no see huh?" He said.

"Yeah..it's been a minute." I said looking back over at him.

"Can we talk outside real quick?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure." I said walking over to the back door going outside to the back yard.

There were a couple of people outside already, so we went over by the fence away from everyone else.

"So..what's up?" I asked him.

"Nothin', its just been a minute since we spoke to each other. I wanted know how you've been." He asked.

"I've been good." I said short and sweet.

"That's good." He said looking around at everyone in the backyard then back at me.

"So, how have you been?" I asked him.

"Ive been aight. I got into so stuff with KK and the crew and my mom had sent me to live with my dad for a couple of weeks." He said.

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"You know some dumb gang rivalry shit. It's always something with kk and them niggas man. But you know I'm always the one getting punished for shit." He chuckled.

"Yeah your mom doesn't play." I laughed

"Yeah..but while I was away, I had a lot of time to think about what happened between us. I also spoke to my Dad about it as well. He made me realize I really messed up." He explained.

"Yeah..." I sighed looking down at the ground until he spoke again.

"...I remember when we first met back in junior year. You were so different from the other girls I messed with. I didn't know how to be with someone like you. So I didn't wanna rush into trying to talk to you just yet. That's why anytime I seen you in the hallways, all I did was stare. I really wanted to get to know you more but ya pretty ass made me nervous." He laughed making me laugh.

"But once I started talking to you, you started getting more and more comfortable with me and we started hanging out more. That's when I knew I should make my move before school ended. When we finally started dating, you told me about how you didn't wanna have sex until you were ready and I was cool with that. It didn't matter to me because as long as I got to be with you, I was straight." He added.

"But after awhile I got caught up in my old ways cuz my homeboys were busting my ass about you not giving me none. I told them to mind they business but they kept bringing up old shit we all used to do. I let it get to me and I fucked up. I should have continued to respect the fact that you weren't ready no matter what anyone said. I just want you to know that I'm sorry Lisa." He finished.

I felt tears start to form in my eyes and fall down cheek. That's when David hugged me. I hugged him back as I let everything I felt for an entire month out. That's until I heard the back door open. Me and David looked over to see KK and Tionne looking at us.

"Uh uh why you crying?! Is he fucking with you?" She asked with an attitude.

"He ain't messing with her. You ain't see them just hugging each other? Mind ya business and let them finish what they was doing." KK said trying to bringing her back into the house.

"No wait a minute! You good Lisa?" She asked looking dead at me.

"Yeah T. I'm okay." I laughed.

"Okay...don't get cut David!" She shouted before going back into the house.

"She stay trippin' man." KK said shaking his head walking back into the house.

David laughed and looked back at me. He then smirked at me, making me look at him confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Now you gotta give me a kiss." He said.

"For what? I'm still mad at you." I playfully snapped at him.

"No you not! And cuz ya friend just threatened my life. Now you gotta give me one."He said screwing up his lip.

"Shut up stupid!" I giggled.

"Yeah yeah yeah come here." He said gently grabbing my chin as he brought my lips to his pecking them twice.

"I love you Lisa."

"I love you too David."

✨The End✨