You Always Gon' Be Mine (AZ & Aaliyah) Part 2

~~

About 5 minutes went by when I heard Joe unlock the door as AZ walked in. He looked at me as I was on the ground crying. He immediately grabbed me up and held me close to him rubbing my back.

"They ain't touch you right?" He asked letting me go cupping my face in his hands.

"No I ran when they started chasing me down the street. Then they started shooting at me. What the hell is going on Anthony?" I cried.

"Let's get outta here first. I'll tell you in the car. Ayo Joe Ima be gone for a min' man, take the doe and keys outta here because sooner or later they gonna hit yo shit too." He said taking my hand as we walked out the store.

Now in the car, A was driving towards the Brooklyn bridge. I looked over at him as he looked straight ahead. He was making faces as the thoughts in his head started to consume him.

"FUCK!" He blurted out breaking the silence in the car hitting the stirring wheel.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED ANTHONY???" I yelled as his outburst startled me.

"THEM MOTHERFUCKING NIGGAS BURNT DOWN 5 OF MY FUCKING BUILDINGS AND KILLED A COUPLE OF MY NIGGAS TOO!!! THAT'S WHY I AINT WANT YOU COMING!" He shouted looking over at me and quickly back at the road.

There was a long pause before I finally spoke again. " One of them knew my nickname.."

Anthony looked over at me with this confused look on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothin' man..." he looked away back at the road.

I looked away out the window watching the city lights go by. This whole night has been traumatizing for me and I felt like Anthony was keeping a lot of shit from me. I just wish I knew what the fuck was going on.

"We going to Philly. I got some shit I gotta handle there before we go anywhere else." He added as I felt him place his hand over mine on my lap. I looked over at him as he just kept driving watching the road.

~~

A couple of hours later we pulled up to this random house. He got out of the car and walked over to my door opening it. I got out and he closed the door holding my hand as we walked to the front door. He knocked on the door as we waited for an answer. Then someone came to the door unlocking it. It was Cormega.

"Waddup nigga! Whatchu doin' here?" He asked excitedly until he looked over at me. "Hey Li Li..Ya'll good?" He asked looking back at Anthony.

"Nah let us in real quick. We gotta talk." Anthony answered. "Aight, come in." He said opening the door more.

Cormega was A's right hand man right along with Nasir. They all grew up and went to school together and built everything they have now from the ground up at the age 15. Now Cormega got into some shit back in New York awhile back and had to go into hiding, so he came here. Why we had to come all the way out here to see him? I had no idea.

Anthony and I sat on his couch as he sat in his lounge chair across from us. "What's going on yo?" He asked.

"Remember them niggas from the Bronx. The niggas you introduced me to?" Anthony questioned.

"D and them other niggas. Yeah Why?" Mega asked looking over at me.

"I heard them niggas were getting crazy doe from the shit they was getting from their connect. So much in fact, they started laying other niggas out in they area. All of a sudden, my shit got ambushed. What you know about that?" He asked staring dead at him.

Cormega had this look on his face like he knew he fucked up. I looked at Anthony and seen how pissed he was. I started to put two and two together and everything started to make complete sense.

*

1 year ago, Anthony asked Mega to come pick me up from my hair salon so he can drop me off at one of his buildings up in Queens. In the car Mega was flirting with me saying how cute I was and all that. I took it all as a joke and brushed it off.

Then he made a stop by this laundry mat. Four men where standing outside when we pulled up. Cormega then yelled over to one of the men calling him D. The guy came over and dapped him up. They started talking about something dealing with Anthony but I was too in my own world to really care to listen. I just wanted to see Anthony.

Randomly, the man asked who I was. Mega told him my name was Aaliyah but they call me Li Li. He started saying how pretty my name was and asked if I had a man. I didn't answer him because I didn't know who tf he was, so what he need to know for? I asked Mega if we could leave and he said hold on. The man didn't really like the fact that I wouldn't answer him and gave me this real dirty look. I didn't care though. Mega dapped him up again and said they'd talk later. Then we left.

*

My thoughts were interrupted when Mega finally answered Anthony.

"Nigga idk what the fuck them niggas doing now. You know I'm tryna stay out of all that shit since that shit went down. I haven't been up there in a minute to even know what's going on with them niggas. You know that." He laughed taking the blunt from the ashtray on the coffee table. He put the blunt to his lips and lit it with his lighter.

"Aight.." Anthony chuckled looking down smiling.

Out of nowhere, Anthony stood up taking his gun from his pants and shot Mega in the head.

"Yeah nigga!! What?!" He spat as he continued to shoot at him until his gun jammed.

I jumped, mouth opened wide in shock staring at Mega's now lifeless body. I was speechless.

"Come on let's go." Anthony ordered grabbing my hand.

I got up from the couch stumbling away still in shock. We left out the house and got back in the car.

"That nigga set us up. Them niggas would've never knew where I lived if someone close to me ain't tell em." He explained turning the car on.

"I also remember one of them niggas asking about you. I asked how they know bout you and nigga was like "oh Mega introduced us I was just wondering where shorty at." and I said you straight don't worry about her. Like why the fuck you wanna know anything bout my lady? Weirdo shit foreal." He added shaking his head.

I was beyond shocked that Mega would do A like that but in the game you gotta watch out for everybody. No one is to be trusted. Ever.

✨TBC✨