About Last Night (Karyn Parsons & Michael Jai White) part 1

✨

Today is just not my day. I had just missed my only bus to class and now I have to walk. As I'm walking I had grabbed some coffee from a cafe close by and I continued on my long journey.
When I finally reached class I walked in and found a seat in the top right corner of the room hoping my professor didn't notice.

"Now I'm hoping you guys are taking your notes because you'll need them for your quiz in two days." TWO DAYS?!?! I screamed in my head knowing I was screwed. "I'm so fucked.." I said under my breath.

"Especially for you Ms. Parsons." My professor said loudly making me look up as everyone turned and looked at me. "Fuck." I thought to myself looking around at everyone. I looked over to my professor who now had this serious look on his face. He looked away as he continued to speak to the class. "Class is dismissed. Make sure you guys study those notes!" He finished as everyone got up and started to leave class. I got up from my seat about to leave trying to blend into the crowd and hide from my professor until he called my name. "Except for you, Ms. Parsons. You stay." He said as I stopped in my tracks. "Shit.." I said turning around. He motioned me to come down the steps towards him. I reliantly crept down the stairs towards him.

"Yes Mr. White?" I said trying not to look at him too long. "This is your third time being late to class Ms. Parsons. What's going on? I hope you aren't partying hard like the rest of these fools here." He said walking over to his desk as I followed over. " No, I just missed the bus." I answered looking at him sitting grading papers. He looked up with this look on his face like I was lying. "Come on Mr. White, I'm not lying! Every time I go to the bus stop the bus drives right by me. Trust me if I didn't wanna be here I wouldn't walk so damn far everyday." I said making him shake his head chuckling. "Ha, I wouldn't either." He said real low but enough that I could hear. "Exactly! You get it."

"But I'd make sure the next time that happens, I would at least get outside earlier or tell my professor, which you refuse to do. Why couldn't you just tell me that you were having a hard time coming to my class?" He asked making me stand there in thought. Mr. White wasn't your average college professor. When I tell you he was fine as hell, I mean't just that. He had a real nice build for a 40 something year old man. All the girl in class always talked about him and how sexy he was and I couldn't agree more. He would always put me out on front street whenever he asked me questions in class. I also noticed that he started to pay more attention to me once I started to be late to class. He always gave me this look that wasn't any normal look. It made me feel weird, but in a good way. That's why I couldn't tell him that I was having trouble getting to class. He made me real nervous when he came around.

"You know what? Since you can't seem to catch the bus, I'll pick you up." He said making my heart stop. "Wait, really? You'd do that?" I asked shocked. He looked up from his paper work and looked at me. "So you can get to my class on time everyday? Yes." He said looking back down. "Uh okay. What time are you coming?" I asked. "What time is class Ms. Parsons?" He asked not looking away from his work. "8:30a.m." I answered. "Then 6:30." "6:30?!?!? Why so early?!" I yelled. "I have to be here early so I can prepare class instructions. That's your punishment for being late to my class. But here take these." He said handing me a packet.

"What is this?" I asked skimming through the pages. "Your notes for your quiz in two days. Now go study Ms. Parsons." He finished as he waved me goodbye still working on his paper work. "Goodbye Mr. White.." I said as I turned around and walked away. Thank you god I have notes. It's looks like he wrote them down for me. He probably knew I'd be late again. As I walked up the steps, I turned to look back at him and he was already watching me. I quickly turned back around and walked up the stairs out the door as quick as I could. I couldn't feel butterflies in my stomach. How could a man his age make me feel like this? This man is gonna give me a heart attack. Let me get to my next class before I get in trouble again.

I hope you guys liked part 1 of this imagine. I will be coming up with more from different people from the 90s pretty soon. Karyn is 22 here and she's in the middle of her senior year.