EIGTH | FLUFF

The cheers and laughter from everyone in the team grow distant as Bokuto and Kuroo leave the restaurant, sliding the door closed behind them.

After saying their thank you's and goodbye's and see you's, Bokuto was the one to tell Kuroo that they should go home, Akaashi and Kenma probably waiting at the latter's apartment for their sleepover. "Tsukki might even come," is what Bokuto thinks does the trick and convinces him, but honestly, just thinking about Bokuto getting to rest the sooner they leave is what does it.

Rest... might be a joke. They may be grownass adults, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to stuff their faces with ice cream as they wear their cute matching pajamas and neon colored socks, huddled together in front of Kenma's huge TV.

Kuroo's car beeps somewhere near them when Kuroo presses on his keys, and Bokuto all but rushes to open the door to the passenger's seat and settle in. Kuroo would be lying if he said he weren't as excited as Bokuto for their sleepover.

There's just this one thing, though, Kuroo thinks, as he opens the door and sits in the car himself, setting his phone on the phone stand on the dashboard. He starts the engine and adjusts the rearview mirror, the GPS app opening on his phone. That is, there's been this one thing he couldn't get out of his mind.

Everyone can laugh at them, the entire team already has, but maybe Bokuto and Kuroo have TikTok accounts. Bokuto swears it's mostly for the memes and the insane volleyball moments they see on the app, but also just for the fun of it. Kuroo... Well, who cares if they're adult men? Kuroo can dance and record himself if he wants to!

But back to what's been on his mind... Well, this is probably Kenma's fault.

The other day, Kenma had sent him a link to a TikTok, and he immediately flushed at the text at the top of the video. Kissing my best friend challenge should have sounded like a dumb thing that only dumb teenagers do, but his heart had clenched and he would not be able to deny who the first person who popped into his head was.

For the laughs, he had replied to Kenma with what, you wanna do this with me, to which Kenma, in all his straightforward and takes-no-shit-from-Kuroo-Tetsurou attitude, simply answered with ew. Kuroo knew exactly why Kenma had sent him that, and damn Kenma for just knowing him so well.

This is definitely Kenma's fault.

The past two nights have been spent thinking, imagining what would happen if he were to do the challenge.

Kuroo doesn't even have it in him to tell himself he has never and will never want to kiss Bokuto. He's wanted to kiss Bokuto everyday since they'd graduated high school.

He remembers how close the two of them have been in high school joint practices and training camps, growing together and getting through their dumb teenager years.

He remembers how much the two of them insisted on maintaining their friendship despite Bokuto getting scouted and Kuroo taking courses in university, where sleepovers like the one they're going to have tonight just became an unspoken monthly agreement.

He remembers going to all of Bokuto's games over the years to show his undying support.

He remembers gathering the members of the national team together for the first time as he told them of his new promotional ideas.

He and Bokuto have been through so much together and Kuroo has loved him all this time.

"Want to listen to some music?" Bokuto asks, hand in his gym bag already fishing for his phone.

Maybe Kuroo hasn't known it all this time, sure, but through the last few months of high school, he's wondered about it, and he confided in Kenma, quite simply just saying, "It isn't normal to wanna kiss a bro, is it..."