TWO | ANGST

Kuroo never did love Bokuto in their six years of married relationship, and the latter was very aware of it. They married each other for their own convenience. Though it was favorable for Bokuto because even before they got married, he already loved Kuroo so much, to the point that there were no words to describe how deep that love was.

Bokuto was a person who knew nothing in the kitchen, even the fact he didn't know how to cook rice. But he studied and learned about cooking and such, just for his beloved, just for Kuroo.

This day marked their wedding anniversary and it was already evening, but Kuroo was still nowhere to be seen. No text messages or calls-not that Kuroo did that to him but Bokuto was still expecting that maybe this time, his husband would finally open to him.

𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈. Bokuto thought to himself as he tasted bitterness in his mouth.

He was still sitting in front of the table full of foods he prepared-especially Kuroo's favorites, but those were left cold and untouched. His efforts were all wasted.

𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 '𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒂𝒓𝒚'? 𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒎.

Bokuto went back to his room solemnly. He sat there beside the window, looking at the sky void of stars, yet the moon still shone brightly there. He couldn't help but reminisce the past when Kuroo still treated him warmly.

They were close friends despite studying in different highschools, the first time they met was when they had a volleyball practice match, both of them were volleyball captains and their personalities clicked to each other. They got along so well to the point they also had their friendly dates outside of practices.

Kuroo was so gentle, caring, and he worry a lot when it comes to him. Bokuto never intended to fell for his friend, but Kuroo was actually his ideal partner, and so his fragile heart gave in.

And the time came Kuroo was arranged to be married into someone's family and he gradually ran away from his home. Bokuto was the only one who could help him that time. Then the two decided to get a marriage certificate though there was also a secret contract between them, so that Kuroo's family couldn't force him to marry someone he didn't know. It was a very rush decision but they ended up being husband and husband. At first, it was okay. They still got along well like being close friends, but as time passed by, Kuroo became cold and avoided him as much as possible. They've grown apart, living in the same house yet barely communicating to each other. Kuroo once said that he would file a divorce after three years of their married relationship, but now it was already their sixth year but he still wasn't divorcing Bokuto, making his hopes up that maybe Kuroo finally did hold some feelings for him even just a little bit.

𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏. 𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑻𝒆𝒕𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑.

Bokuto lied on his bed, just like what he always did every night, crying his self in his sleep, hoping that in his dream, Kuroo would finally embrace him.

he midst of the night, the supposedly quiet house was filled with moans and ambiguous sounds coming from the two person. Bokuto was awoken by that, making his face and eyebrows crumpled. Kuroo was the only person aside from him who held a key on their house. So he thought it was just Kuroo who came home late. But hearing those moans of a woman, Bokuto's heart forbode something. He was growing nervous as he walked lightly out of his room. The noise was coming from the guest room. Bokuto wanted to came back to his room and act like nothing happened but his own feet unconsciously moved and walked towards the room. The door was slightly open and he could see everything on his view.