Chapter 16- On the run

One month later.
Your pov
    "Babe! Hurry the movie is starting!" I giggle, grabbing the snacks and getting comfortable under the blanket on the couch. My smile fades hearing his phone ring. "I'll be back, pause it." he answers the phone, walking to the bedroom.

    Sighing to myself, I shake my head "I'm watching this damn movie." mumbling, turning the sound down. Not even a minute later, the bedroom burst opens. "I'm sorry! I'll pause it!" my hands fumbling to get the remote.

    "Forget the damn movie! Get your emergency bags! We need to leave. Now!" he yells, running around the house. Not messing with the tv, I dash to the bedroom, going straight to the closet. Adrenaline kicking in.

    I sling my duffel bag full of clothes over my body. The next is my backpack, bathroom necessities in here. Carrying it by the strap, I run to the front door. Yuji already there, can foods in a bag. "Stay in the car while I get the last two bags."

    Shoving the bags in the trunk, I make my way to the passenger side. With my seatbelt on, my head snaps to the front door. A bag over his shoulder, carrying the water in that one, while the other bag has his stuff in it.

    Shutting the trunk, he gets in the drivers side wasting no time speeding out the driveway. "Yuji, what's going on? Is this another drill?" his hands grip the steering wheel a little to tight. Knuckles turning white.

    "No, it's not. This is not a drill. The police, they found us. Repeat the rules to me." he demands, stress clearly written across his face.

    "Never leave your sight, never leave anything behind, and if you get caught, run."

    "Good. We'll take the backroads for now, no cameras. Put your beanie on, and your sunglasses. Hand me my stuff when you're done." listening, I open the glove box, hastily putting the beanie, and sunglasses on. Grabbing his beanie, and sunglasses, I watch him put them on.

    "What if they catch us, Yuji?" I ask, looking out the window. "They won't catch us. As long as we have each other, we can see this through. I didn't get this far just to have this taken away from me."

Flashback
    "Y/n! Cooperate and you won't have to be put through this!" he screams, a unbearable grip on my jaw. Mascara running down my face. "N-no you bastard." I manage to choke out.

    Terushima snakes his left hand into my hair. With a tight hold on it, he forces my head into the freezing cold bath water. My arms try to get his hands off of me, but that only makes him tighten his hands even more. Head trying to move, but to no avail.

    My mouth opens, letting the air out. The feeling of water invading my mouth, going to my lungs, it's only a few seconds but it seems to go on forever. Eyes closing, just as I'm on the brink of passing out, he pulls my head out of the water. Water slashing everywhere.

    Gasping for air I start coughing uncontrollably. "Will you comply now? My patience is running thin right now." he chuckles, with a dark aura surrounding him. "No." is all I can make out at this point. He laughs, bashing my head against the tile wall.

    Ringing fills my ears, skull crushing pain overrides any thoughts I had before. Slamming my head once more in the same spot, he lets me go. Body completely falling limp. Vision is hazy, as he speaks it's muffled. I can't make out anything. Eyes closing due to the pain, blacking out.

    "It's already two in the morning." snapping out of my trance, he stops the car. "Yuji? What happens if someone drives by?" without getting a response, he reaches into the backseat grabbing a tied sack. Opening it up, he pulls out a rubber band.

    "Okay, face the window." nodding, I take off my seatbelt, facing the window, knees pulled to my chest. I can feel him brush my hair with his fingers into a low ponytail. Enjoying the feeling, I hum in satisfaction.

    That feeling didn't last long with the sound coming from behind me. "Yuji?! Are you cutting my hair?!" not wanting to move around frantically with scissors close to my neck, I chew on the insides of my cheeks. Tears threatening to fall down.

    "I'm sorry. We have to do this. You understand right? Any dna, can lead them straight to us. By cutting your hair, we're reducing that chance." "We're in a car for fucks sake!" I cry out. A moment later, his hand shoots out wrapping around my throat.

    "I won't tolerate back talk. Remember what happens when you get an attitude?" my body stiffens. "You do. Good girl. I'll let it slide just this once, but next time you'll be sorry."