49| Can't Fight This Feeling

"Could you drive a little bit faster, please?" I pressured Jade

"Could you drive a little bit faster, please?" I pressured Jade. She was already gripping the steering wheel tightly and sweating bullets. I don't know why I was in a rush to see Ryder but nowadays I don't know anything about myself. "Harper, even though I'm the princess I can't break any laws," Jade rushed out. I screamed and slammed my hands on the dashboard. 

"Harper, you need to calm down. We're almost there," Jade informed me. Something inside of me was stirring and it hurt but it felt good at the same time. Anxiety was creeping through my nerves and my body temperature was increasing so I had to roll the window down. "If you want the air conditioner on, you could have just asked," Jade turned it on and continued driving. I took my hoodie off and tried to cool down but it seemed as it wasn't enough.

"Are you hot?" I asked. Jade shook her head and glanced at me then, a look of shock covered her face. "Harper, you are drenched in sweat! Are you okay?" I was starting to feel dizzy and my stomach was beginning to hurt. I groaned in pain and leaned towards the window more to cool down.

"Oh my Goddess! Harper, you're in heat!" Jade panicked. If I had the energy to punch Jade, I would for even thinking that but because I feel weak, I couldn't. I tried to shake my head and respond, "That-that's not possible. E-Eliza is i-in a coma." I closed my eyes and tried to rest but the pain in my stomach began to grow. The air conditioning nor the open window was helping with my body temperature and I was starting to feel like I was melting. 

"Harper, hold on okay? We're almost there," Jade told me but her voice was fading away and echoing in the car. "Harper?" she called. I moaned to tell her that I was still with her but not for long for the pain was worsening.

 I moaned to tell her that I was still with her but not for long for the pain was worsening

"Jade!" I called as I entered my home. There was no answer meaning she wasn't home which was a good thing. I took my shoes off and walked upstairs towards the guest room. When I opened the door, her scent flooded my senses and they lead me inside. 

After Harper was taken away, I tried to preserve everything in her room just in case she came back. I left her make-shift bed on the floor, the towels that she loved on the floor, and how she left the curtains halfway open to only see the sunrise and set every morning. I sat down on the partially made bed and thought about her sleeping here again. I remember checking in on her every night to see how she was. The first few nights it was Aiden forcing me, but then afterward, I did it voluntarily.