8| Hide

It's been a week since we attacked my pack and things have been bad

It's been a week since we attacked my pack and things have been bad. The soon-to-be king has ordered every pack to send out their best trackers and warriors to find us which caused us to go on full lockdown.

Leaving our camp had become risky. Troy, Natalie, Axel, and I are the only ones to leave to get food and other necessities. It's been tough getting those things. We gave ourselves a five-minute window to leave and come back. The longer we stay out, the more we're at risk for someone to smell our scents.

Security has been on high alert and we've gone into hiding more than usual. Most of us are scared to even step outside of our homes causing us to shorten the school days or cancel them for the pups. As for the teens and adults, training has been difficult. We train only for an hour a day as a group, but we are free to train on our own in our homes.

My pack and I weren't fully prepared for this sudden change. The only thing we prepared for was how to be on lockdown for a short period of time. But because it's already been a week, things are becoming harder.

"What are we going to do?" Axel complained, pacing around my home.

"We'll think of something," Troy groaned pinching the bridge of his nose. Axel slammed his fists in response. "we're running out of time to be thinking of what to do! We're running out of food which is becoming harder to get, more trackers and warriors are getting closer every day, and our people are becoming more and more worried that some are thinking about running away!"

"Well let them run away! If they wanna get caught and possibly die, that's their choice," Natalie shrugged. "No, because if they do get caught, they'll only be used as a way to get to us and possibly kill all of us," Troy mentioned. "now let's calm down and think of something."

I agreed with Troy. If we attack or run away, it's just going to make things worse. I don't want to stay in hiding, but it's the best option for us right now. Sadly, I didn't get to say that because of Axel.

"Fine, how about this: we go out into the woods and kill any tracker or warrior that comes near this place?" Axel suggested. Troy stood up and got in Axel's face. "are you even hearing yourself right now?! The more we kill, the more we will be hunted, and the more likely of us being found and killed!"

"Hey, calm down! Now is not the time for you guys to try and beat each other's asses!" Natalie yelled, getting between them.

"Fine," Axel growled, backing away. Troy did the same thing as they each went to a far side of my tent. "Harper, you've been silent. What do you think we should do?" Axel asked, sitting down on the floor.

"Oh, is it my turn to speak? I was just waiting until you guys stop acting like pups," I smirked. Axel rolled his eyes while Troy and Natalie chuckled. "Anyway," I started, standing up from my bed. "like Troy said, attacking would make things for us since we're already at a severe risk of being found, but I do I do agree with getting rid of the trackers."