36| Don't Worry Bout Me

I woke up to the sun shining in my face and the feeling of vomit climbing up my throat. I threw the blanket off of me and ran to the bathroom, emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet. The smell and color of it made me want to throw up again, but I slammed the lid down and flushed it down. 

I was trying to remember what I ate last night, but I can't remember. In fact, I can't remember anything from last night. 

Preparing myself for the day, I brushed my teeth and changed my clothes into something comfy. Once I was done, I walked downstairs to hear two voices talking. 

Ryder and Arrow.

"Did you at least get her something nice because what Quinn brought over was literally trash?" Arrow asked him. 

I stayed behind the wall and eavesdropped on their conversation. "Yeah, but she has a different style from you, Quinn, and Jade. Plus, she's used to wearing trash since that's all she wore when she was a rogue," Ryder explained to his cousin. 

"Actually, I also wore clothes that I stole from packs not just what I found in the trash," I made my presence known. They both looked at me and had shock written all over their faces. How did they not know I was there? Did they not smell my scent?

"Hey, Harper! How did you sleep last night?" Arrow asked. I made myself a bowl of cereal and answered her, "Fine." I sat down at the table in the breakfast nook. Taking a bite into my frosted flakes, I think that's what they are called, I saw Ryder sit down next to me. "If I knew you liked that cereal so much, I would have brought more."

I ignored him and continued eating my cereal. Arrow eventually joined us and she drank some type of green smoothie. It looked gross.

No one spoke for a long time. The silence was killing me and I was beginning to grow sick and tired of the sound of chewing, sipping, and Ryder tapping the table. I decided to ask about last night.

"So what happened last night?"

Ryder made eye contact with me and I just stared at him, waiting for his response. He began to look around the room as if he was trying to figure out what happened last night himself.

He was hiding something.

"Yeah, what did happen last night? Because your entire kitchen smelled like Chinese food," Arrow mentioned. "by the way Harper, you look like shit."

"Bitch," I mumbled under my breath.

"I heard that. But it's true. Whatever happened, you must have had fun."

"Enough fun for me to puke this morning and now I got a headache," I groaned feeling a sharp pain go through my head.

"Bleeding down under?" Arrow questioned. "I can get you some sanitary napkins."