66| Better

After Ben accepted me as luna, our trip was complete

After Ben accepted me as luna, our trip was complete. We stayed for a few more days just to make amends and for me to apologize to the pack, which would be the first of many to every pack I ever harmed. 

Ben called everyone to the pack grounds so I can make an official apology to them. I was nervous for the last time I gathered them here, it was to kill their leader and two pack members. 

The way history repeats itself can be a real bitch sometimes. 

Many members, including Jenna, were reluctant to come and they had every right to be. This wasn't going to be easy for either one of us but hopefully, after this, we can find a middle ground. 

"Red Moon pack," Ben started. "today will be another historic day in our pack for the she-wolf that once brought destruction to our pack will now be asking for our forgiveness as our soon-to-be queen."

The crowd began to boo and object to my recognition as queen which was expected. Every pack that I have gone to, I have had to prove myself worthy of becoming their queen and why I might have made a pleasant impression, not everyone is fully on board yet. 

And I'm not expecting Red Moon to be at all.

Taking a deep breath, I stood behind the podium on the small stage ready to address them properly. 'You can do this,' I heard Ryder's voice in my head. I turned to look back at him and he nodded at me in which I nodded back. 

Facing the crowd again, I began to speak. 

"If there was a word or anything bigger than an apology, I would present it to you for it's what you all deserve. I can't ask for your forgiveness because what I did is unforgivable. I attacked you in the middle of the night out of rage for what your former alpha and pack members have done to me. I'm not here to tell you the story again and I'm not saying that what happened to me justifies my reason for attacking you. Before today, I never really regretted any killings that I have done. I say that 'I wish I never done it ' or 'I take it all back,' but those are just words that lack honesty. However, today will be the first time I truly wish I took back a kill that was wrongly committed."

"Alpha Ben informed me about his father's attempts to save and find me. Some of you were a part of the search party that he sent out and after three months you were unable to find me. I was already gone and by then it might have been too late. Hearing about this got me thinking about what would have happened if he did save me? If he did find me? Night Claw would have never existed, my father and Leo could still be alive, and I would have found my mate a different way. But maybe things happen the way they should because it could benefit someone better than it did someone else."

"The high that I was on when I attacked your pack was gone the moment when Shadow Crest took down Night Claw. The loss that you experienced that night gave you the strength and unity to better your pack by ensuring everyone's safety. I'm sorry that it took a tragedy for that to happen, but I'm hoping that my acknowledgment of my wrongdoings can be a new beginning for us."