56| Undecided

I'm unsure of how long I was running, but it must have been for a long time

I'm unsure of how long I was running, but it must have been for a long time. The light in the sky was fading quickly as the moon was taking place of the sun. I felt my paws becoming sore from hitting the ground so I quickly ran back home to shift back into my human form.

When I arrived at my backyard, I didn't see any lights on in the house. Aiden began to worry but I calmed him down as I made my way into the house. Walking by the living room, I saw pillows on the floor. I also smelled three scents. Two of them were present, but the other one was very faint. I could tell that one was Harper's the other one was Arrow's meaning that the faint one was Jade's. I crept up the stairs quietly and when I got to the top, I heard sniffling coming from Jade's room.

Before I checked on her, I headed to my room to shift and put some clothes on. When I walked back to her door, I heard the voice of my mate talking. "He's lucky that I wasn't there. I think you and I could have burned down his whole house instead of his car," she laughed.

Burning?

I barged into the room grabbing the attention of my sister and mate who were sitting at the edge of the bed. Jade rose from Harper's lap and her eyes were red while her nose was puffy. Harper glared at me first before she relaxed her face and gave me a small smile. "Ryder, I thought I sensed you," she spoke. Aiden and I were glad to hear that our mate was able to sense us meaning that our bond was growing. 

"Why didn't you invite me in?" I asked her, walking towards the bed. "Because she probably knew you were going to barge in here and she was right," Jade answered with sadness in her voice. I sat next to my sister and hugged her as she immediately gave in. 

"Are you okay?" I asked her. 

"What do you think, Ryd? I found out that my childhood crush is my mate and he kept that secret from me with a potion," she sobbed.

I pulled back from the hug and looked at my sister. "What potion?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Harper leave the room. "I'm going to let you guys talk while I'll go change."

I just noticed both of their appearances. Jade was in her pajamas while Harper was wearing training clothes. What did she do today? I'll find out later for right now, my sister needed me.

Jade looked at me crazy. "Did he not tell you anything or did you just not care to listen?" she cocked her eyebrow. In return, I scratched the back of my head and thought about the events from earlier. I squinted one eye as I replayed the memory and then answered her question. 

"It was a mixture of both," I admitted.

Jade shook her head at my confession and asked, "Do I have to explain what happened last night?"

I nodded my head and she began to tell me everything. As she told me everything, I had to refrain from going to the pack hospital to worsen Cyrus's injuries. Jade also fought back her tears once she got to the part where Cyrus told her he was her mate. While she was talking, I thought back to small memories when Cyrus would avoid Jade or even be nervous talking to me when Jade and I were together.