9|Talk

He didn't show up

He didn't show up.

While everyone was coming in for the meeting, my eyes were glued on the door, hoping I would see him walk in.

"Is he coming?" Natalie asked. I shook and put my head down. "I don't think so. I asked him if he was and he didn't respond. He just walked out."

Natalie put her hand on my shoulder for comfort, but it didn't work as much as I hoped.

Leading the meeting was hard for me. I kept on seeing Troy's face and hearing his voice of doubt. I tried to push past it since I knew Natalie's plan would work, but he and I agreed on almost everything. It was hard for us to disagree on most of the attacks that we planned.

Natalie and Axel helped me out by explaining the plan and how to get rid of the warriors and trackers. I did my part as a leader by encouraging my pack to prepare and train hard for these next couple of days.

Once the meeting ended, I quickly walked out and went to go talk to Troy. I tried mind linking him, but I knew he was blocking me.

'Try his tent,' Eliza suggested. I headed towards his tent and when I looked inside, he wasn't there. If he wasn't in his tent, where else would be?

'His spot?' Eliza suggested.  I nodded my head, hoping that she was right. 

I made my way towards the outskirts of our territory to where Troy's spot was. I first found out about his spot when we went on a date. It's a place near willow trees that are on top of a hill and you can see everything up there. That's where he first told me he loved me and it made my heart burst. Those three words meant so much to me because the last male figure that ever said that to me was Leo, but I knew it wasn't real. I'm glad he is gone and I don't ever have to worry about him again. 

I shook the thought of Leo out of my head as I finally approached the hill. Tonight's scenery was beautiful. The moon was full and the stars were shining bright. The sound of the night creatures was a beautiful song, but sadly it didn't last long. The sound of grunting disturbed the peace and I turned my head to see where it was coming from. There was Troy punching one of the willow trees. 

I walked towards him as he continued punching the tree. Pieces of the bark were flying off the tree with every punch he made. He didn't sense my presence so I prepared myself to punch him. As I drove my fist towards his head, one of his hands grabbed it and used it to turn my whole arm. "Ow!" I cried. 

"Were you seriously trying to sneak up on me?" he asked, releasing my arm and going back to punching the tree. 

"No," I answered while rubbing my arm. "I was trying to see if you noticed me so that's why I tried punching you."