26| Location

"Alright, take a deep breath," Kevin told me

I inhaled and exhaled deeply as his stethoscope moved around my back. I finally learned what that thing was called. 

"Okay, I am proud to say that you are clear, Harper!" 

"Yay," I faked. 

Kevin told me about the meeting between him, Cyrus, and Ryder. He told me that I will be staying with Ryder which I refused to but he told me it's because of my condition and that he is my mate. I would, honestly, rather stay with Cyrus than with Ryder. I might not know him, but he seems better than Ryder.

And nicer.

This morning, Kevin and some nurses, who have been able to tolerate me, came in and did a final check up on me. They also gave me some clothes from the lost and found and whoever clothes they were, we are definitely not the same size. But I'm used to it because I had to go through the same thing when I was a rogue. I was wearing a baggy, blue sweater with gray sweat pants and these shoes called crocs. Why do they have a whole bunch of holes in them?

"You don't seem too excited Harper," Kevin stated as he put his stethoscope around his neck. 

"Kevin, you know I don't want to go with him," I reminded him.

"I'm aware of that, but be glad that it's somewhere that you know you'll be treated well instead of in a cell and abused."

It wouldn't be the first time. 

Kevin started walking to the door but I called out to him before he got the chance to leave. "Wait!"

He turned around slightly before I continued. "Why have you been so nice to me? Why haven't you just been treating me the way you should?"

He raised an eyebrow and asked, "And what type of way should I be treating you?"

"Like you hate me."

Kevin walked towards me and he took off his glasses. The look on his face was hard to read but I knew that whatever he was about to say would clear things up. 

"Harper, I've been in this field for a very long time and I've seen and treated patients who don't deserve to be treated. But as a doctor, you don't know who your next patient is going to be. I've never expected the leader of the notorious rogue pack to be my next patient."

I laughed a little at his words before he carried on and this time the look on his face held nothing but honesty.  

"I'm not going to lie, I didn't want to help you at all. Your pack caused me to face the busiest night of my life and for me to wait for my home to finish being built. But during my examination on you, I noticed that your scars told a story, one that was beyond being a rogue leader. I've gotten to know you a little bit, Harper. The real you."