32| Good, Bad, Ugly

"What are we going to do?"

"Why didn't you tell us this sooner?"

"Athena, is there anything you can do?"

"Why don't we just kill her?"

That's all I heard walking into my office with everyone following behind me. Our meeting with the council was split down the middle. Those that wanted Harper dead, like Quinn, were coming up with sentences for her. Others, like Cyrus, were trying to figure out a way to prove she was innocent in certain cases.

I had to speak on both parts for she was my mate but my enemy. With this being the biggest rogue trial of our kind, I have to make sure that I focus on doing what's right for our kind.

Even if that means putting my mate's life at risk.

"Ryder, what-"

"Shut up!" I yelled. The room immediately fell silent. All of the questions were beginning to annoy me and I needed to settle things.

"I understand that you all have some questions but-"

"Some questions? We have a lot of questions! Like why didn't you tell us? You told those two," Quinn interrupted while pointing at Dom and Cyrus.

"Because we didn't make a huge fuss about it," Cyrus answered for me.

"You should be. The fact that Ryder hasn't rejected that scum yet means that he's thinking about accepting her!" Quinn pointed out.

"You're not actually thinking about doing that, right Ryder?" Ethan asked.

"You have to think about the pack and everyone else Ry," Jade added.

I could feel Aiden surfacing and I just let him take over for we were both feeling the same thing.

(This is Aiden's POV too :) )

I ferociously growled at all of them. They had no right to speak to Ryder or about my mate like that. "You all have no idea what it's like to be in the predicament we're in right now! We have too many people to be concerned about including ourselves."

Everyone put their heads down in shame. Quinn, Ethan, and Jade both mumbled a "sorry alpha."

I nodded my head, accepting their apology and continued on. "You all have questions as to why Ryder and I didn't tell you and I would gladly answer it. The reason why is because we didn't want something like this to happen. Dom found out when Dr. Kevin did and-"

"Wait Dr. Kevin knew too? Was that the day when Ryder went to the hospital?" Ethan questioned.

"Yes," I answered plainly. "Now Cyrus found out when Dom blurted it out during training. I, well Ryder, was going to tell you all at a different time, but thanks to Athena, you all found out at the wrong time."