13| Losing

(Aiden's POV is included in this as well

(Aiden's POV is included in this as well.)

I didn't care about who my opponent was, all I wanted was to kill as many rogues as I could. Their reign of destruction will end tonight.

One of the rogues ran towards me in their wolf form and that caused me to shift. Before he pounced, Aiden was in full control and dodged the wolf before he attacked. As the wolf landed, I took the time to bite his neck. My teeth sunk deep into his neck as the wolf was losing strength to fight back. Once I saw the life disappear from his eyes and released my bite from his neck and went to kill more rogues. 

By the time the fires were being put out, lifeless bodies were littering the ground. My black fur was matted and covered in blood and a few cuts. As I was getting ready to attack another rogue, an interesting smell stopped me. I lifted my nose up to see where it was coming from. Even though the smell of blood and smoke was interfering with the smell, I managed to make it out. It smelled like lavender, a little vanilla, and some type of woodsy smell. 

I looked around to see if I could find where the smell was emanating from. I made my way through the battle that was taking place anxious to find what could possibly be my mate. I knew I was getting stronger when the smell was becoming stronger. 'Stop!' Ryder yelled. I stopped running and looked around until I saw where the smell was coming from.

It was her. 

Her dirty blonde hair was in a ponytail as it was swinging back and forth while she was fighting. Her gray eyes held so much anger and determination as she was battling her opponent. I was going to walk up to her and take her somewhere safe until I saw who she was fighting. She punched one of my guards in the face and pulled out a dagger and stabbed him in the chest.

She was about to smile at her victory until she looked around and our eyes fell on each other. We both had the same reaction. Our eyes widened and it felt like time was being frozen. 

This couldn't be happening

This isn't real.

It has to be some type of mistake.