21| Hopes Up

The first part of this chapter does contain scenes that may be triggering to those who have experienced these horrific events. Please skip if you don't feel comfortable reading it. I will have a marker of where you can start reading if you do skip. 

~*Harper's POV*~

I don't know how much time has passed, but I know I have been here for weeks. The last time I asked what day it was, had to at least be five. I was becoming so bored that I was starting to go crazy. From what Dr. Kevin told me, I imagine that my fellow pack mates are here or that I'm attacking a pack. Because of my imaginings, I got moved to a new room, one that is on a higher floor and away for regular patients rooms'. It's the same layout, but a little bigger and the bed is more comfortable. 

I was sitting in the chair pondering on my past. I don't know what caused me to think about these things, but I was so deep in thought, that I started analyzing them. I never noticed how much pain was shown on those wolves' faces, even the high ranks that I killed. I was so focused on my anger and helping my pack members avenge themselves, that I didn't pay attention to their faces. As they stared into the face of death, that was me, they held anger and acceptance that fear was almost drowned in it. Almost. 

(Please skip if you must)

It reminded me of myself. Memories of my haunted past full of beatings and torture danced around my head as I recalled everything. I could feel the pain spreading throughout my body and when I touched my faded scars and bruises, it made it worse. Then I saw his face.

Leo.

He was coming towards me with a snarl on his face. He stroked my face with one hand while the other was slowly moving down the arm of the chair towards my leg. I gasped as it finally made contact with it and that caused him to chuckle. "I told you, Harper. I still love you," he whispered. I felt tears forming in my eyes, but I tried holding them back. His hand on my face reached towards my other leg as the other hand was still on the one before. I grabbed it before it made contact with it and Leo gave me a warning glare. 

"Don't test me Haper," he growled. I returned the growl as I grabbed his other hand and twisted his arm. Leo groaned in pain before he snatched his hand out of my grasp and grabbed my hair. "Big mistake," he smirked.

He pulled it causing me to lunge forward and fall out of the chair. He looked down at me like I was an annoying bug that wouldn't die. "You could have stayed with me, Harper. I would have protected you and loved you," he stated. I shook my head no. "You would've been just like my father."

"Your father never gave a shit about you! I was the one who was trying to take you from him, but you refused to say yes. Now look where you are, alone and kept in a hospital room. You could have been in a nice home and have me to look after you!" he shouted, stalking towards me.

I started crawling back while saying, "I didn't need you. I never needed you! You're the reason why I'm here!"

Leo growled and charged at me. I crawled back faster, trying to get up, but I couldn't. He was gaining on me. I continued to crawl but my back hit something. I looked up and saw a face. I screamed and looked towards where Leo was, but he was gone. 

(Begin reading)

That's when I realized, everything was becoming lighter. The hospital room was starting to become clear again. I noticed that I was out of breath, sweaty, and my heart was racing. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see the face, but it wasn't terrifying. It was rather handsome. He had brown, curly hair with mesmerizing hazel eyes. The worried, concern look on his face said everything. He was most likely wondering why I was on the floor and scared. I hope he didn't hear me because that would be embarrassing.