34. Almost is Never Enough

Small note before we start. (It's actually long as fuck but please for the love of god read it)

I'm alive guys okay. I'm sorry for my absence. Remember how I told you my mom was in the hospital a few weeks ago? Well we discovered what she has the very next day I told you where she was. She has esophageal cancer and for those of you who are religious (I am) I beg for you to pray for her.

I'm sorry things have just been really hard and I didn't take the news very well. I've been having a lot of anxiety attacks and I tried to write but nothing would come out. My mind was too distracted and I was too suffocated.

She's in the hospital again, I'm writing from here, and she just got this feeding tube inserted on her stomach that comes out of her belly so that she can eat through it since the tumor is now blocking both solid and liquid foods. She can't operate yet so now we're just hoping the radiation and chemotherapy work.

I would love if I could have all your support and understanding but I would be mad at myself too if I was you.

I also changed the updating day since I asked for my boss to not put Sundays on my work schedule, so I'll be free Sundays and I'll be updating then. So FORGET #FakeFianceeSaturdays now it's #FakeFianceeSundays.

Happy Birthday to my future husband Harry Styles who still hasn't replied to the 21 tweets I sent him. (God help that boy now that he's legal to drink) and well yeah.

That's all I needed to say, and I'm taking some more one shot entries (last ones) due Sunday, but I'm only taking them through tumblr. My tumblr is @musiicnotes.

Okay now here's your chapter:

Pardon any mistakes, I didn't edit at all. I wanted to post this ASAP since you've been waiting so long.

34. Almost is Never Enough

"We almost knew what love was, but almost is never enough." - Ariana Grande ft. Nathan Sykes

Andie

My eyes remained closed as James took a step back and Angelina covered her mouth with her hand. I looked away from her shocked glare and at the floor. I'm sure my cheeks were beyond red and all the thoughts I had before coming here were forgotten.

"Dr. Hartford, I'm so sorry for interrupting." She shakily said as Dr.- James walked over to her.

"It's fine... We were just-"

"Your personal life remains yours and I have no reason to question it, Doctor." She said, but you could clearly hear the hurt in her voice. I couldn't help but pity her a little. I finally looked up at her and I could sense the jealousy coming off from her. "I was just here to inform you I'm leaving and to give you the schedule for tomorrow. You have a meeting with Dr. Zen from New Jersey at nine, and the rest I wrote down here. I'll tell you about the meeting again tomorrow just in case you forget." She quickly changed the subject, returning to her normal tone quickly.

But I knew he wouldn't buy it. And I had a hunch he probably knew or had figured out how she felt by now. "Ang-"

"I'll see you tomorrow." She said with a sad smile, and gave me a nod of acknowledgement before walking out of the room.

I felt bad. Really bad. I knew how it felt to see the person you love with someone else, so when she walked out that door I let out a long sigh.

"I should probably go." I murmured quietly. He was still with his back to me and I could feel the awkwardness starting to build up.