28. Firefly

28. Firefly

[UM HOLY SH*T THIS IS 11 PAGES CAN I GET A VOTE FOR THAT LOL)

“There's a firefly loose tonight, better catch it, before it burns this place down. And I lie if I don't feel so right, but the world looks better through your eyes.” - Ed Sheeran.

(I don't know why but I feel like this song sort of feels like the entire book. The guitar rhythm and the lyrics just kind of tell the story of Andie and Harry. Okay I'm done you may resume reading sorry for my boring paragraph)

PS - I've decided to change the holiday from thanksgiving to Christmas since as many of you pointed out, they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in England. Sorry

Since I haven’t updated in agers (I’ll explain why in the end note) Here’s a recap of the last chapter for those who have forgotten: 

“Good luck bestie! Call me to see how everything goes!” She whispered, even though the guy was gone. 

    “Will do.” I smiled. “Text you when I land.” And then she pulled away, and climbed down the stairs of the plane before waving at me. The captain returned to shut the door correctly and I took a seat next to Harry on the private yet. He still had the glasses on, and he looked so peaceful. 

I hope he’ll be this peaceful when he finds out what I’ve done. 

After strapping myself in, I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. 

Please don’t hate me for this. 

England, here we come. 

Andie

    Life never surprises us more than we ourselves do. We always complain that fate is to take fault whenever things go wrong, but that's just an excuse to hide who the real convict is. Fate has nothing to do with our future, we do. And it took me very long to realize that myself.

But now, sitting on the floor with Harry of a deserted train station somewhere in Cheshire, England, with his head in my lap and my fingers running through his curls I realize how wrong I was.

And how wrong he was.

*~* 

Hours Before

  I walked behind the bulky bald man who basically had Harry in his arms through the bright hallway. After six long hours of sitting in a plane with Harry’s head on my neck while he snored heavily on me I could say I was sort of beat. My back hurt, and so did my head, and I was pretty sure my monthly was coming soon. 

   The pill I had given Harry was effective for eight hours of sleep, and I was thankful he hadn’t woken up yet because can you just imagine how pissed off he would be? I was still trying not to think about that. Anyway, after we landed with the help of the pilot who carried Harry and helped me get a rented car, we ended up here in a cozy hotel in Cheshire. I was surprised about how fast the manager recognized Harry and after hearing my lie helped me bring him here. 

   I opened the door for him to get Harry in, and after taking a quick look into the warm room I helped the man put him to bed. 

   “So how do you know Harry?” I asked with a smile, turning to look at the man who had the top of his ears completely red from the cold, even though the room was quite warm. The bed was king sized, with a huge window which lead to a balcony that according to the manager, who’s name was something with J and I had already forgotten, was ‘a peak into the beauty of Holmes Chapel.’ On the corner of the room, and next to the window there was a small Christmas tree with red and green lights that were disconnected.