18

Vanessa was lazily scrolling through her phone when she sudden receive a call. She thought that it might be from Chuuya so she picked it up without even looking at the ID caller.

"Hello~" she sang.

'Vanie-san? It's Elise,'

The voice from the other line surprised the lazy detective. Vanessa sat straight.

"Elise. How are you? Is something the matter?"

She asked in a firm yet wary tone. The caller on the other side sigh.

'I'm fine. Yet daddy isn't,'

Vanessa let out a groan before getting up. She finally grasp the situation and told Elise that she's coming over before calling off. She stepped out of her house before putting her helmet on and straddling her bike before dashing out of her mansion.

She drove on the neighborhood before stopping at the specific two story house. She got off her bike and head inside after killing the engine. With a three knocks got Elise running on the door to open it.

Beside her was Yomeno. "Elise, Q," She address casually. The two smile before inviting Vanessa in. "So what happen?" she asked after setting her helmet on the couch.

"Daddy's burning in fever. He can't even get out of his bed,"

"Uh-huh, and we haven't eaten yet..."

Vanessa can only sigh before nodding though she grumbled about Mori working his ass till he fallen sick. Vanessa cooked the kids some food before a porridge for Mori's sick doctor ass.

"Here, I'll be upstairs. Call me if you need anything," Vanessa ruffled both Yomeno's and Elise's hair before heading upstairs and to Mori's room. Vanessa and Mori meet when Vanessa were around her early thirties.

She met the man on the hospital when she brought her partner, which was Fukuzawa for a treatment. She learn that the two were actually former lovers but she didn't pry to their lives and just let Mori treat Fukuzawa.

And whenever Yosano isn't available Vanessa went to Mori for treatment. The two made a bond of friendship and she also learn from Mori that her nephew, Chuuya was actually befriend with Mori's son. Which was Dazai Osamu.

Vanessa chuckles remembering that time. She didn't told it to Chuuya or to Dazai but she won't deny that if her nephew suddenly asked if one day he saw Mori and Vanessa together.

Vanessa had finally reach Mori's room and set the tray on the nightstand. She shook Mori awake that stir the sick man from his sleep. "Eat up, Ougai," Vanessa said firmly and taking a sit on Mori's bed.

"Van? What are you doing here?" Mori groan while sitting up, Vanessa had to help him by putting a pillow behind him. "Elise called and informed me to take care of you. I'm not surprised to see you bedridden. I always remind you to take a rest but your way to stubborn and Dazai inherited it from you,"

Vanessa sigh tiredly but Mori only laugh at her. Apologising for the trouble he caused that Vanessa immediate brushed off by shoving a already warm porridge on the man and berate him to take a damn day off which Mori seriously consider and it pleased Vanessa.

The bowl was empty and Mori was finishing his water when he asked the detective. "How's Osamu?" Vanessa looked at him before taking the glass on Mori's hand and set it down the tray she got.

"His fine. His happy that my nephew finally was home," Vanessa replied gently earning a soft hum from Mori.

"I really notice how Osamu hover over your nephew. And I can see how bright his eyes whenever his with that lad of yours," Vanessa release a soft chuckle before nodding.

"Yeah." She sigh before taking away the tray and heading out the man's room and downstairs where she saw Elise and Yomeno's doing their homework. Vanessa smile before cleaning the table and wash the dishes before getting a pitcher and a glass before heading back upstairs to set it on Mori's nightstand.

"At least settle back on the bed," Vanessa can't help but sigh tiredly but she still help Mori settled back to his previous position on the bed before checking his temperature.

It was a bit warm and Vanessa prepared a medicene beside the pitcher and the glass bottle for heading downstairs to help the two get to their beds.

*

"Is Dad okay?" Elise asked after settling on her bed.

"His going too. Now sleep you two had school tomorrow,"

"Are you staying?"

"Yes. No one will looked out for the two of you. And Dazai isn't here,"

"Hmm. Thank you,"

"Your welcome. Now sleep,"

When Elise finally joins Yomeno on dream land, Vanessa decided to head to Mori's room to rest there. She thought about what Mori can't do while his bedridden and it caused her to sigh but didn't complain about it.

So Vanessa stayed for three days at Mori's home. Taking care of the man and getting a extra free day from her work. For Vanessa it was a win-win and she even had a bet with Mori that Dazai and Chuuya will be soon lovers.

It made Mori smile as the younger of the two whine about how tiring her job and how brutish Fukuzawa sometimes to her. Mori can only imagine how the youngsters manage to trigger the stern man to hit her and Mori was glad the he got to get updates with his Son staying on Ozaki residents.

So Mori fully recovered when the third day came because Vanessa didn't stressed him much except when ordering him to sleep. And Mori was thankful towards the Detective because of it.