Lost Cat Part 3

Chapter 28

"So, what was that?" I asked him immediately after we got out of the car. It was 9 p.m. when we reached Albus' house. As expected, it was a huge house near the beach. I tried to hold back the annoyance as I followed the angry grim reaper. I also couldn't help but look back at the vehicle as long as it was parked in front of me without even entering the gate.

However, I could not help but wonder.

I was wondering why there seemed to be no humans in Albus' house. Albus's parents were not here, not even their guard and maid who used to greet the guests before.

But I know this is not the right time to think about it. All I had to do was stick with Saint.

But as soon as I entered the mansion, I was almost immediately taken back by the sight of Saint leaving Albus' decaying body. I immediately covered my mouth and nose when I smelled the stench of Albus' decaying body. I could not help but wince. Fortunately, Saint immediately covered it with a curtain on the floor. When the corpse disappeared from my sight, I realized how dirty the whole house was.  Saint did not even think to turn on the lights. He just sat on the sofa next to the corpse he covered and blew Jack Daniels open from the centre table.

"W-What happened here?" That's all I can muster. But then Saint turned on me. His face has no emotion, unlike a while ago when he was grinning from ear to ear. Maybe because he's back to his usual self and not Albus's body anymore. But that theory of mine was immediately broken when I finally saw the tears in his eyes.

Damn! The grim reaper was crying right in front of me.

"The hell with this!" He said irritably, before wiping away the tears. In those moments, I realized that what the ghost had said earlier had left a major impact on Saint.

I just sighed and chose to let him do what he wanted first. What I did was to turn on the lights and distract myself by cleaning, so Saint was able to think. I also went to the kitchen to clean up there and cook for him in case the grim reaper who was with me wanted to eat.

Then I sent a message to Hailey's dad, saying I couldn't go home now and I would stay with Albus. It is a good thing that they trust me for reasons I do not know.

With the chicken curry and rice I cooked, I went to the living room only to find out that Saint wasn't there anymore and Albus' body was not there either.

I sighed again and decided to just sit on the sofa and eat alone. I was in the middle of eating when I heard Saint's voice.

"What you saw earlier was a lost soul. Their aura is dark because they have been in the world for so long. But not everyone is like that; others are colored, and they are those souls who need the help of someone like you, but it is persecution for us. " I did not fully understand what he was saying because I was almost choked with panic. Saint just came down from upstairs. As usual, he is still in black, but this time he's not wearing his hat.

"Fuck! You scared me! " After drinking the water, I shouted it. He just smirked, which made me want to glare at him.

The evil spirit sat on the sofa facing me.

"I can hear your thoughts, human."

I just frowned.

I was about to ask him a question when he interrupted. "Saint—"

"It looks like you're used to calling me by my name. Didn't I tell you not to call me by my name?" There is no emotion in his comment.

Damn it!

"Then what do you want me to call you?"

"Babe, call me babe." With that, I was stunned. My lips were left pitying and I couldn't believe what he said. Does he even realize what he is saying? "Why do you look so shocked? Isn't that supposed to be Hailey's endearment to her boyfriend? " He then asked innocently.

"Are you serious? You're not Albus! For Pete's sake, we are the only ones here in this huge mansion! Why would I call you that? " He crossed his arms again, and I sighed in frustration.

He had this amazing power to make me frustrated by a little thing he said.

"You'll call me "babe" because that's what I want you to call me."

Okay, this is a serious matter, right? Can I kill him?

But the old man is persistent in finding the lost cat. He searches for him up until he gets older and older.

I M _ V E N A