calling and distractions

"Love of my life, don't hurt me

"Love of my life, don't hurt me. You've taken my love and now desert me."

Two years later

One thing Aaliyah did as soon as she adapted to the new regime and new environment was to focus on work for the Rebel Alliance to distract her mind from other thoughts. But as much as she loved that idea at the beginning, she soon understood that she is only a human who needs to sleep from time to time and that was when the darkness came back.

The memory of her being captured by Darth Vader.

The memory of Anakin being Darth Vader.

Thinking about the past she shared with Anakin and trying to put two and two together. Analysing every little detail, every conversation she could, remembering the life they created together and lost too soon and still, somehow the fact that this whole time he was a Sith Lord, didn't make any sense.

It was all too exhausting for her.

Too complex to comprehend.

The only thing that made sense now with every new information was the reason the force connected her and Vader, or Anakin. He was somebody who she knew and had a strong bond and relationship with. This thought always brought up the fact that Anakin never contacted her. Not since she escaped with Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. And the time was flying by, days, weeks and months.

She was always on the move, travelling through the galaxy with Artoo, sometimes with Nova or Obi-Wan, when she was given a task to raise funds for the rebellion. For better ships and weapons, they were so desperate to have. Aaliyah, herself, was travelling on Dessert Jewel a ship that had no means of protection in case of an attack, so the good strategy was always the key. 

This whole time, Aaliyah was trying to avoid Oisin, and he was getting more and more suspicious of that. She sensed how he feels about her, even Obi-Wan told her, probably a lot of people around them could tell and Oisin was not trying to hide the fact, that he more than just fancied the idea of him and Aaliyah. Whenever they were in each other's company, he would lightly touch her hand, her arm, her shoulder, leant in a little too close, watch her a little too long, smile at her in a different way than a friend would smile. But she couldn't do anything about it, because he never made any move at her except the one time when he kissed her. As since then, she avoided the conversation for months.

However, she wasn't able to worry too much about Oisin, when her mind was full of Anakin. She was actively participating in a movement working against him, yet at night she found herself yearning for him. To hear his voice and feel his presence, however dark it may seem. Aaliyah found herself remembering the kiss he stole from her after the Emperor requested her presence. Her own mind made the kiss gentle and full of love, when in reality at that moment the only thing he was projecting at her was passion and pure possession. There was nothing gentle about it.