the truth will set you free

"Grab my hand I'm drowning

"Grab my hand I'm drowning. I feel my heart pounding." 

If it was up to Aaliyah, she would never leave, never leave the warm sheets and even warmer embrace of the man, that was tightly holding her against his chest. It was one of the most mesmerizing moments in her life, that would always be burned inside her mind. And she was fine with it. All she wanted was to remember him, his arms around her, his blue eyes that were watching her closely, his mischievous smirk, and rebel attitude. He was a wonder in her mind, and she wanted to know everything about him. She honestly believed she did know him.

His fingers were gently playing with her own, while he watched their hands tangled with each other. Just like their lives and destinies were. "I want to marry you," he said suddenly in a quiet, smooth voice.

Aaliyah paused for a short period. Even her breath stopped, and possibly her heart too. But then she sat up on the bed they were sharing, holding the bedsheet close to her chest, even though there was nothing to hide anymore, not now. "What?" she questioned, out of breath and with a mixture of emotions that were about to explode.

Anakin didn't say anything, only smiled, and put one hand behind his head full of dark blonde curls. His bare chest was glistening under the morning light that was peeking through the big windows, and his eyes were sparkling with something she couldn't quite put a finger on.

"Are you asking me?" she asked again when he was just watching her with that same smile that said, that he can do anything he wanted, and he dared anyone who would say otherwise.

"If I did, would you say yes?" he answered with a question and a quirk of an eye, to her utter irritation.

"You know it," Aaliyah mumbled, and she watched as the corners of his lips slightly fell. He looked over her body once, twice, three times, till he sat up, now face to face with her, no smile adorning his handsome face. He was close to her, holding her hostage with the intense look in his eyes. The question "what's wrong" was on the tip of her tongue, when he spoke words she didn't expect. Not with the playfulness, he showed just seconds ago.

"I just need to protect you," his breath fanned over her lips, and her eyebrows almost touched in a deep frown.

"Where did this come from?" she smiled slightly, yet his face was anything but happy.

He took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling for a second before he looked at Aaliyah again. "Just that, any day, anytime, something can happen. Something big that nobody going to expect."

"Yes, we are a war. We know that" she nodded. "You think that me marrying you would prevent that?" she asked and quirked her eyebrows playfully.

"You don't understand," he mumbled under his breath, and she had a hard time catching those words, before he turned from her, put on his black trousers, and walked over to the window.