Chapter 24

Mila didn't know what to say. She looked at the sunset. Sun was already setting. Sky's color was also changing. She looked at Dan again.

"I-I don't know what to say. I have never been in relationships." Mila said fidgeting. "I would like to think about it." Mila making eye contact with Dan's.

Afar from trees and bushes, Lily, Julia, Alexa and Kate were watching those two.

"Was it really okay to do that?" Kate asked.

"Don't forget you also agreed to make them together." Lily replied.

"But Mila already said that she wanted to think about it." Kate protested.

"Today is perfect day and that's why we lost her from our group shopping." Alexa spoke.

"Did you call Vera? She has to see this scene." Lily still peeping on them.

"Yep. She's on her way." Julia replied.

"Why aren't they still kissing?" Alexa starting to lose her patience.

"Vera's coming." Julia whispered.

"Let's hide somewhere else. Go go go." Lily whispered and they moved to other side so that Vera doesn't catch them.

Dan suddenly kissed her gently. Mila's eyes grew wide. Her cheeks turned red. Dan's sudden kiss made everyone's eyes grew wide. He gently touched her chin.

"Don't worry take your time." Dan said in low voice.

"Oh my gosh! How bold of you to take that step!" Vera exclaimed happily.

Dan startled hearing her voice. He slowly turned his face. Mila also turned her face.

"Sis-sister w-what are you doing here?" Dan stuttered.

"Mila, thank you swooning my baby brother's heart." Vera ignored her brother.

She clasped Mila's hand, smiling brightly. Mila was also startled by her behavior. She glanced at Dan but he was already embarrassed to say anything.

"Please call me sister-in-law." Vera exclaimed happily.

"Her smile is too bright as usual." Alexa narrowed her gaze like she saw something she shouldn't have.

"Shhhh. They might hear us." Lily whispered.

"Marry my brother. I say right now." Vera asked.

Mila was stunned. Mila's friends snickered. It triggered as they didn't expect it.

"Sis-sister isn't it too early? We aren't even dating." Dan trying to stop her sister from talking nonsense.

"You know why Dan never had a girlfriend his whole life?" Vera asked.

"Why?" Mila asked.

"That's because when he was kid, a girl rejected him for being too handsome." Vera replied.

They again snickered. They were giggling. Dan felt like his life force were sucked up.

"C'mon we gotta stop it. This conversation isn't getting anywhere." Lily and others ran to stop this conversation here.

"We can't give our friend to a girl-catcher like him." Everyone hugged Mila.

"Guys? What are you all doing here?" Mila asked.

"Uh... well... we were just passing by... and saw you...... with Dan." Everyone were trying to find excuse.

"But you guys were watching from far." Vera tilted her head thinking.