Chapter 34

Mila felt weak and her eyes color went to its original color. She collapsed losing her consciousness. Dan rushed to her holding her. Her head was resting on his chest. Vera called some doctors and nurses and immediately shifted Mila to a private room. Lily and Kate walked towards them.

"What happened? Is she alright?" Lily asked.

"Yeah she is. Right now she is sleeping." Vera placed her hand on Lily's shoulder reassuring her.

Kate sighed relieved. She walked away calling Mila's mother to let her know that their daughter is safe.

"Why does it have to be her?" Dan clenched his fists.

"Everything started the moment when she crossed her path someone she shouldn't have." Lily placed her hand on his shoulder.

Dan touched her hand and walked away. Lily narrowed her gaze and gritted her teeth remembering Mila meeting with a teacher.

At night, a bat arrived delivering messages to Dan, Vera, Lily, Alexa and Julia. They nodded and the bat flew away.

"Seems like we are soon going to have a council meeting." They thought.

Mila's parents arrived the next day. They immediately rushed to hospital to meet their daughter. They spoke with the receptionist and she made a call calling Vera. Vera arrived in a short notice.

"Hello. You must be Mila's parents right?" Vera spoke gaining their attention.

"Yes. How is she?" Mrs. Lee asked. Her eyes were musty from crying.

"Follow me. I'll lead you the way." Vera gestured her hand to follow her.

They followed her to the room no. 407 on third floor. Vera opened the door for them to enter. Tubes were attached on her hands. Mrs. Lee covered her mouth seeing her daughter safe and sound. Mr. Lee held her so that she doesn't collapse. They walked to her. She is unconscious but it seemed like she is sleeping peacefully without any care in the world.

"She is been like this after the accident." Vera stated while checking her vitals and writing it down.

"Why did it have to be her?" Mrs. Lee finally found words to speak.

"..." Vera also felt sad. She walked towards the door, "I'll leave you both to have sometime alone."

"Emma, calm down. She will wake up soon." he glanced at Mila's unscathed body, "But the strangest part is that she doesn't have any sort of injuries."

Two weeks passed by, but Mila still didn't wake up. All her friends visit her time to time. Mila's mother didn't left her side.

Mila finally opened her eyes. Her surroundings were white. She sat and looked around. She stood up at that moment someone spoke, "Took you long enough to open your eyes." She felt a presence behind her. She turned around to see Jane standing.

"You? You are the voice that spoke at my head the other day." Mila looked at her confused.

"Yeah that's me." Jane replied.

"Who are you?"

"Finally. I am you." She was smiling.

"You are.... me? If I am you then what are you... I am doing here?"

"I am Jane. I have already reincarnated but I am just memories that got rejected."

"So..... you are my memories."

"Yeah. You already retrieved someone of my memories already."

"Then how do I get the rest of them?"

"Well...." she tapped her chin averting her gaze, "You need a high-level persuasion or hypnosis spell to get those memories back."