Chapter 26

Mila fell off the cliff. She rolled down and hurt her back on a big rock. She hacked up blood and got a laceration on the corner of the forehead. She passed out. Hours went by and she regained her consciousness. She slowly stood up but she fell realizing she fractured her leg, "Ouch!" She stood up realizing she broke her shoulder bone as well.

She looked up at the sky. It was already night and the moon was lighting up the forest. Her clothes were dusty. She wiped off the blood on her lips. She started walking aimlessly hoping to find a way to get out of here.

Zhen and others were trying to find any clues but there was nothing. Dan looked like he was about to cry. But he composed himself and called his sister.

"Hello?" Vera answered his call.

"Sister, I need your help."

"Anything for my baby brother. Tell me, what is it?"

"Mila has gone missing for few hours already. The only clue we found is the strigoi blood."

"I see. Anything else?"

"Zhen said that he picked up an overwhelming pungent smell which we can't even smell it."

"Hmm..... don't worry. I'm coming."

"Thank you sister."

"Don't mention it."

After a while, they assembled to share any information they got. They shook their head. Zhen sighed thinking what to do next. Zian looked upset while the triplets were looking guilty for not staying by her side.

"Need some help?" Someone spoke.

They looked towards the source of the sound. Vera was leaning against the tree trunk, smiling. Dan's face brightened seeing her. She walked towards them.

Vera's face looked serious, "The aura and scent seems like it's some sort of magic beast. Though the scent is faint. It seems like someone used witchcraft to conceal it so that it becomes hard to find it. Even Mila's scent is thin. Seems like it was a hard work of an enemy of hers."

"How can you be so sure that it is the scent of a magic beast?" Zian asked looking irritated.

"Zian!" Zhen looked at him sternly making him look down at his gaze.

"You shouldn't underestimate her ability to sense around the surroundings. She is already on par of Vampire council." Lily said smugly.

"But as far as I know, there is no one who is her enemy." Alexa said.

There is. Strigoi." Lily replied.

Vera's pet bat arrived. It sat on her shoulder and told her everything. "I see." she smiled. She looked at them, "It seems we found her. Follow me."

They ran following her. They reached the cliff where Mila fell. Iris narrowed her gaze as she felt the evil magic was strong.

"Zhen, Zian and.....?" Vera asked while pointing her hand towards Iris.

"Iris."

"Yes, Iris. There is a way to reach the bottom of the cliff. Head north-western side of the hill."

"I will go with you." Zian volunteered to be by Iris' side.

They nodded and ran off to the direction was told. While Zhen, Vera, Dan and the triplets jumped down the cliff. When they reached the bottom, they noticed traces of blood.

"She must have hit the rock." Dan looking at the ground.

He smelled Mila's blood and started to walk, "She is not faraway. Let's go." they ran off where Dan was running.