Chapter 19

Later at evening, Mila was working with English assignment in her room. She felt someone was staring from outside the balcony. She ignored it and continued doing her work. A man jumped into her room silently. His hair was silver color, gleaming red eyes and fangs. He raised his hand and jumped towards her.

Suddenly his eyes grew wide, "Just now..... what happened?" he noticed the desk chair was empty and was spinning rigorously.

He noticed Mila was standing behind him. Her piercing cold gaze sent him shivers down his spine. He felt there was a sharp icy knife on his neck. The man smiled at her.

"Tyler." Mila called his name silently.

"Yeah that's me. How do you know my name?" The man asked.

"How can I forget the traitor that tried to assassinate the princess during the coronation." Mila replied showing her dark crimson eyes.

Tyler gritted his teeth from provocation he received. "You...." he pounced on her.

"Still prideful as ever." She moved aside dodging his attack. He again jumped towards her. This time he caught her and pinned her on the ground. She started struggling to escape his grasp but his grip got tighter.

"This is not not good. I can't escape his grasp." Mila said to herself.

Just then, Lily kicked him hardly. He rolled on the ground. Lily picked Mila up.

"Lily? What are you doing here?" Mila looked at her.

"I sensed a strong strigoi's stench coming from your room that's why I rushed to see what was going on." Lily replied.

"That really hurts." Tyler got up. Lily pushed Mila behind her. She was glaring at him with her gleaming emerald vampire eyes.

"Sheesh. Looks like it's not my lucky day. I'll get you next time." Tyler jumped off the window.

Lily turned to her, "Mila, are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Who was that man? And why are your eyes.... they look different." Mila looked puzzled.

"Promise me that you won't tell anyone about this." Lily said as she made Mila sit on the bed. Mila nodded.

"Actually, I'm a vampire. That man is a strigoi. Me and some other friends are searching for a person as well as those strigois." Lily told her.

"V-vampire? There are others like you? I thought that they are just legends."

"Yes. There are others like me. And vampires went on hiding after Vampire hunt start during 1700s."

"And who are you searching for?" Mila asked.

"Well... our precious princess who left us years ago." Lily replied with a sad smile.

Mila pat her shoulder reassuring her. Lily touched her hand and smiled.

"I'm sure you'll find her someday." Mila smiled brightly and hugged her. She hugged her back.

"Then who are strigois?"

"They are undead or fallen vampires. Their strength surpasses us because of the grudge they hold against someone." She placed her finger on the lips, "I want you to not to discuss with anyone regarding this matter. Call me when you see a strigoi." Lily said in serious tone.

"I promise." Mila replied.

"Alright then, see ya." Lily stood up and walked towards the door.

Lily noticed that Kate was standing at the door on the other side. She smiled and ran off.

"Strigoi attacked her?" Kate wondered. She entered her room. She gently grabbed her hand, "Mila, are you alright?"

"Kate? Yeah I'm alright." Mila replied calming her down.

"What happened?"

"Don't worry. Nothing bad happened."

She sighed relieved. Mila smiled back.

Next morning, everyone were waiting in school corridors for Mila to arrive. They were glancing left and right hoping to see her.

"Where is Mila?" Julia said. Sometime later Alexa saw Mila running.

"There she is." Alexa said. Everyone turned around.

"I am sorry to keep you guys waiting." Mila said panting.

"You are five minutes late. Not bad." Lily said.

"Really? I tried my best. Let's go." Mila replied and they hurried to their classroom.

Classes were over and Lily and Mila headed to fencing room. After few rounds. They took a small break. As Mila was drinking juice. She was staring from the window. She noticed a girl was leaving with suitcases. She entered in a limo and drove away.

"Lily?" Mila called.

"Mm?"

"Is someone leaving the school?"

"Yeah. Penelope from senior year, went missing last month. So as the other students. That girl Emily, is leaving today is actually Penelope's sister. She took her transfer and is heading back to Los Angeles."

"I see." she looked at Lily, "Then what about the missing students?"

"They were never found again." Lily replied like a horror story teller.

"Why are you telling by like it is a horror story?"

Lily came closer to her and smirked, "Why? Are you scared?"

"No! I'm not...... scared."

"Well, you seem scared." She teased.

"It's not funny at all." She pulled Lily's cheeks.

"Ow ow ow!! That hurts!" They were fooling around.

Loren was standing behind them looking annoyed. Mila and Lilly were making noise. Other students were giving them weird glances.

"What are you both doing?!" Loren shouted.

They flinched hearing her shout. She smiled awkwardly and stood straight.

"Did you come to fool around or to practice?" Loren shouted.

They looked down, "Sorry Ms. Loren. It won't happen again." both replied in sync.

Later that evening Mila went to wash her clothes in laundry room, she heard something that dashed from the outside door. She thought she was being paranoid and continued doing her work. About couple minutes later, she felt shivers down her spine. She looked at the door thinking someone was pranking her. She started to get nervous thinking she got some kind of stalker. She continued her work while glancing at the door. She approached towards the door to see who was there.

"Hello? Is someone there?" but there was no answer.

"Look, it is not funny. Show yourself!" she shouted. But still no answer.

She started to think she was going crazy but then she noticed the window was open. She walked towards it. She saw two people sitting on the tree branch with gleaming red eyes.

She raised her eyebrows in horror, "Strigois."