Chapter 1

21st Century, Modern Era

A young couple rushed to emergency ward. His pregnant wife was in labour as the water broke. They were drenched as it was raining heavily. Doctors and nurses immediately took them to operating room. He held his wife's hands as she was going through painful period. Soon crying voice was heard. The couple looked at each other. He kissed her on top of the head. Nurses bought some sheets and wrapped it around the baby.

"Congratulations Mr. Lee, it's a baby girl." Doctor said handing him the baby.

He walked towards his wife and handed her so that she can see baby. Tiny coffee blonde hair matching her mother's hair and brown eyes matching her father's eyes. She cried, "She looks exactly like you."

"Even you as well." The man said with a wide smile.

Mrs. Lee noticed a faint scar on the left eye, "But what's with the scar on her left eye?"

"I don't know. But it looks like a birthmark."

"What shall we name her?"

"Mila."

"Mila? That's a beautiful name for our beautiful baby." She kissed the baby's forehead.

Then he noticed the rain slowed down. Slowly rays of sunlight peaked from the clouds revealing rainbow.

"Best day ever." Mr. Lee mumbled.

SEVENTEEN YEARS LATER

Score 44-44. Timing to score last shot remained few seconds. A young teenage girl in silver and black jersey was dribbling the basketball. Her coffee blonde hair was tied in high ponytail. Her hair fluttered as she was moving trying to find a way to score the last shot.

"Go Mila! You got this! Go team Silver Tigers!" Cheerleaders shouted while cheering with pompoms.

Defenders kept blocking her way. Sweat dripped down as she glanced her surroundings - classmates and school peers looking excited, anxious teammates in defense mode blocking other players and her parents clasped both their hands looking at her anxiously.

She smiled and closed her eyes, "I'm going to win this game." she smirked looking at them, "If I can't pass by then I will score it from here."

She leaped up and threw the ball towards the basket. Defenders also leaped to catch the ball but couldn't catch. Captain of the rival team also ran to catch the ball but couldn't catch it. The ball passed through the basket scoring it as the timer hits 00:00.

"Team Silver Tigers from Westwood high wins!" Anchor shouted.

Crowd and her teammates shouted in joy. The young girl's parents hugged each other in joy. Her teammates lifted her up for winning.

Rival team's captain and her team members gathered together. One of them spoke, "Sorry captain, we lost."

The girl with albino hair and teal eyes, who is the captain of the team patted his shoulder, "It's alright. At least we got to know that there are even more tough players like us." she smiled reassuring them. Her teammates blushed seeing her smile.

Judges handed the trophy to coffee blonde haired girl. She glanced her captain. She lifted the trophy, "Silver Tigers!"

"Silver tigers!" her teammates shouted back.

Cheerleaders ran towards them. They hugged Mila, "Congrats Mila." "Great game back there."

"Thanks guys." She replied.

Her parents came down the audience seat running towards her. They hugged her, "Congrats honey!" she hugged them back, "Thanks mom, dad."

Captain of the rival team walks towards Mila. She tapped her shoulder gaining her attention, "Miss Mila right?"