Chapter 22

Rain drops started to fall on strigois, Zian, Mila and Lily. Lily licked the water near her lips.

"Freshwater." Lily smiled.

"AAAHHHH!" Strigois took steps back as it was electrocuting and burning them.

"This is not over. We will come back soon." Skyler accepted their defeat and they all vanished among the bushes.

"I am sorry for coming late." Dan spoke.

"It's alright. We need to take Mila to infirmary immediately." Lily ran off where Zian headed.

"Looks like I was late."

"Yes. You were."

School Infirmary

Zian arrived sneakily looking for any intruders.

"You arrived." Vera spoke startling him. He growled.

"Whoa easy there. Let me help you." Vera lifted Mila up and laid her on the bed. Zian transformed back to human again.

She checked her vitals and heartbeat. "It seems that the powers are going berserk in her body causing her to experience pain." she took out a small box from her the bag. She opened it. It was a syringe with shiny purple liquid. She injected the liquid on her arm. After few seconds, her heartbeat returned normal and her breathing became steady. Dan and Lily arrived at infirmary. Mila slowly opened her eyes and looked around her surroundings. Even Julia and Alexa arrived at infirmary. She saw Vera standing beside her.

"Doctor Vera?" Mila looked confused.

"Hi!!" Vera grinned. She felt happy that Mila remembered her. Dan rushed to her.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Dan asked looking worried.

"No I'm fine." Mila replied.

"We were worried when you left without telling anyone." Julia scolded.

"I am sorry." Lily replied looking down fidgeting her hand.

"You even tore my designer outfit." Alexa scoffed.

"Don't talk about designer outfits in the middle of important conversation." Julia shouted.

"Well I talk about it." Alexa replied.

"You don't learn anything huh?" Julia pulled her ear.

"Ahh, what was that for?" Alexa cried in pain.

"Lily, thanks for protecting me till the very end." Mila smiled.

"It is a duty of a soldier after all." Lily smiled back. Zian cleared his throat. "Don't just thank me. Thank him also. He also saved your life."

"Right. How can I forget about him. Thanks Zian, for saving me." She smiled at him.

Zian's face tinted slight pink. He averted his gaze, "It was nothing special." he secretly glanced at her, "Do you not remember what you said to me earlier?"

Dan looked irritated seeing Zian. He walked towards him, "Why are you here shirtless?"

Zian also got irritated, "What do you expect me to do? Wear clothes even in wolf's form?"

Lily let out small chuckle hearing his answer. Mila got down the bed and walked towards them.

"Come on guys, don't fight like that." Mila pushed both away.

"Hmph." Zian looked away blushing as her hand touched his bare chest.

He cleared is throat. Mila glanced at him. She realized and took her hand back. Her face was bright red. Dan narrowed his gaze. Vera was watching the sight in amusement. He gently touched her shoulders which made her turned towards him.