Chapter 18

Mila woke up at late night. She was feeling thirsty and there wasn't any water in the bottle either. She decided to get one and left her room. She bought a bottle from the vending machine. She opened the cap and drank it. She stared at the empty hallways. She walked passed the garden and decided to take a small walk and then go back to bed. She was walking amongst the white rose bushes. White roses were gently dancing along with the breeze. She walked towards it and enjoyed the gentle aroma that was giving off. She leaned closer to touch them. She closed her eyes as she enjoyed the gentle touch of the petals on her cheek. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Dan. He was also enjoying the breeze. Both of their eyes met. They stared at each other. As the wind blew her long hair, she tuck strands of hair behind her ear. His eyes glistened seeing how beautiful she looked under the moonlight.

"Ahem." Mila cleared her throat gaining his attention.

He averted his gaze, blushing. "Sorry, for getting distracted." he finally found words to speak. He walked towards her and looked at her brown orbs, "You are beautiful."

Her cheeks heated up hearing his compliment. She didn't know what to say. She felt nostalgic even though this is the first time someone commented her. A small hint of memory piece appeared.

[A young boy with sunkissed hair and amethyst orbs was standing in the midst of the roses and lilies bush. Although she couldn't see his face she could see his appearance. He was smiling brightly like warm sun rays. He handed her a white rose to her.]

She was snapped back to reality by Dan's voice. She stared at him as she could see the splitting image of the boy in him.

"Well.... I...." he plucked a white rose and handed it to her, "This is for you."

"Thanks." she accepted it. She noticed that the rose color suddenly changed to pink. She glanced at him, "Pink rose?"

"My sister tells me that pink rose symbolizes innocent love."

She felt déjà vu as she heard the same thing from someone. Her face started heating up when he gently touched her cheek. She suddenly tearing up from his gentle touch. She felt so much warmth that she doesn't want to let it go. She gently held his hand and closed her eyes enjoying it while it lasts.

Dan panicked seeing her crying, "I-I am sorry!"

She shook her head, "No. It's alright. I don't know but I felt like..... I missed this warm touch of someone close to me from very long time ago." she smiled, "Thanks for reminding me."

Both awkwardly let go off their hands. She spoke first, "I think we should head back. We have school tomorrow."

"Yeah. See you later." He was waiting for her to go.

She waved her hand, "See you later then." she walked away leaving him behind.

As she was heading inside dormitory, she looked up staring at the balcony. Mi-Young was smirking at her. Her face rested on her hand and her elbow on the steel railing.

Mila sneered, "You look like you are having fun."

Mi-Young flinched hearing it in her head. She straightened her posture and touched her head wondering, "Did I hear that in my head?"

"Yes. You did."

"How? How is this possible?"

"That's a secret. But.... do you realize that you stepped into snake's trap. Will you be able escape it?" She sneered and walked away.

Mi-Young felt shivers down her spine. She felt her body was trapped by a snake coiling her body. She grasped the railing tightly catching her breathe. She smirked, "Ha..... hahahaha..... this girl really knows how to catch people off guard. No one..... pointed their blade at me..... not even her sister..... but this girl dared to bare her fangs at me...... I like her." she raised her head staring at the moon, "Please...... keep me entertained. Maybe she might be able to free me from my boredom."