Have You Seen This Damaged Boy?

Chapter 13:

January

Al's POV

I tapped my freshly done nails on my phone screen wondering if it would buzz. I didn't want a text or a call from anyone but Orlando. I needed to know if he was ok after the horrible two days he had. I clutched the phone and held my hands down disappointed since I had been waiting for nearly an hour. I knew deep down that I couldn't help him. I wanted to bring his mother back...bring his life back. I wanted to be able to make him happy, but I knew I couldn't. He was right, but it didn't hurt to be there how ever I could.

"Al...you've been sitting her quite and staring at your phone screen for thirty minutes," Michael said as she sat across from me on her bed.

"I know I just...I want to...see," I said sighing as I sat my phone on my bed. I clapped my hands together and let them rest in between my legs.

"I know. I think that Orlando just needs some time alone," Michael said as she looked on her phone.

"I get that, Michael, but I just feel sad. It's because I think...who is he gonna talk to when he's had his time alone. He lost his mom...his everything. How will he survive without having a place to stay or no money?" I ranted. Michael looked up from her phone and looked at me with her face straight.

"I didn't really think about that," Michael said as she started biting her nail. She scooted on the edge of her bed.

"I'm really worried, Michael. I just want to see him. I just wanna know that he's ok," I confessed. I felt my eyes water a little bit and I looked away from Micheal. She sat next to me and rubbed my back.

"He will be. Maybe we can asked daddy to keep tabs on him," Michael suggested. I nodded and got up of the bed. I needed to ask him right now.

Michael and I went down in the very basement where the drugs and guns where. Since we've been trinna learn the business just in case we wanted to take over, we've been to this part of the house before. Daddy was standing in front of an disassembled gun and cleaning one of the parts with a towel. He peeped up and smirked.

"Hey how are my girls?" He said as he put his focus back on the gun.

"Umm...it's about Orlando," I said as I looked at Michael.

"What about him, princesa?" Daddy said as he sat down a part and picked up another part to clean.

"We think that someone should at least be looking out for him," I stated clearly making him sit down the part he was cleaning. He leaned on the table with both hands rest on the corners. He looked down and sighed all before giving me and Michael actual contact.

"This is hard you guys," He said shaking his head. "Orlando is hurt. I know because I was in his shoes when I was 16. I think you should give him space," Daddy said making me smack my lips.

"Space is not what he needs. What if he hurt himself or worst. We wouldn't know cause we sat around and 'gave him his space.' I don't wanna wait and see on the news he went missing when I know I could've helped him," I said in a worried tone making daddy look at me with concern.

"He probably won't want anyone looking out for him. He feels alone, Al. I mean come on we tried this when we went to his house. He said he didn't want shit from us," Daddy reminded me.

"He's just stubborn. Daddy plea---"

"Aleigha! We can't help some one that doesn't want it," Daddy cut me off to get it through my head, but I didn't accept that. I frowned at him with my breath heavy and my heart pounding.