In the Storm

Chapter 2:

June

Michael and I ran in the rain trying to find some where to cover our heads. We ran for at last 20 blocks with no shoes on. After a while we stopped at a park.

Michael started crying as we sat on the bench in the night. I rubbed her shoulders to comfort her.

"This is bullshit! We have no more money and we're caught in the rain." She screamed in destress.

"We have to stay strong..." I said feeling tears coming out of my eyes too. They're was no way we could stay strong.

"Maybe we shouldn't have left the home."

"It would be worst than this." I said. We stay on the bench crying our eyes out as the cold rain drops hit our skin in the dark.

"Hey, don't cry." We heard a strange voice all of a sudden. An arm wrapped around our shoulders and I screamed. Michael and I jumped up and backed away. The dark figure laughed.

"Who the hell are you?" Michael screamed.

"Don't fight..." He said making me grab Michael's arm and haul ass. My feet were sore, probably bleeding, but I didn't care. We were being chased.

I bumped into a other dark figure and fell on Michael. Before we could get up, the two dark figures picked us up.

I started fighting like hell. I kicked, punched, even scratched my way out. I got free three times for only a few seconds, but they got me every time. Who ever wanted us, had us...

------------------------------------------

"Where did you get them from?" I heard a very strange voice that woke me up. My eyes opened, but it was still dark.

"The park...it was rain. I couldn't really see their faces."

"Shit ok...well if they look younger than 20, I'm shooting you in the foot for each. Two girls, two feet." The man said as I heard foot steps coming toward me. Something got snatched off my head and I closed my eyes tight. I heard a gun shot and a grunt making my eyes open widen.

"Stupid ass! Since when do we snatch girls this age." An Hispanic guy said looking over his shoulder. He looked back at me and changed from pissed to surprised.

"Whoa..." He said looking at me with raise eyebrows. He moved away from me slowly and went over to Michael. He took the bag over her head off and shook his head.

"Wait Ant! Wait!" The guy begged as he laid on the floor holding his foot.

The Hispanic guy had to be around 40ish, but he looked very good. The guy who 'snatched' us was in his 20's at best. He looked good too, but I hated him.

Ant shot him in the other foot making the guy scream out in pain. Ant untied us to the chairs we were in and motioned for us to follow him. Michael and I hesitantly follow him to a room.

It was huge with two queen size beds. The bathroom had two sinks and a very high tech shower. It was plain white, but looked as if no one ever been there.

I turned to him with watery eyes. I frowned with fright and anger.

"We're not gonna be your little whores!" I yelled at him. The Ant guy lift his eyebrow up at me.

"Calm down bright eyes, I'm not gonna make you do that." He said in a calm voice making me relax a bit.

"Then why are you showing us the room?" I asked as I wiped my eyes.

"You girls look like you've been on the streets by yourselves, am I right?" He asked looking at me and Michael.

"No...maybe..." I sighed and looked down. "How'd you know?"