Bright Eyes

Chapter 3:

Two Days Later

"So how does this thing work?" Michael asked Ant as he zipped up a duffle bag.

"Nun ya business little chica. This too grown for you." He said making me laugh.

"Too grown? Come on, I've seen worst shit than a few bags of weed or crack or whatever y'all sell." Michael said talking back. Ant smacked his lips.

"I don't care...what did I say?" Ant said making Michael give him a face.

"Just cause you left school early, it don't make you grown." Jandro said.

"Always got something to say after me, huh." Michael said rolling her eyes.

"Whatever, Mike." Jandro said just to piss Michael off. Michael put up her middle finger to him when Ant had his back turned. Jandro just laughed as if he liked being cussed out.

"Name the time and place, bonita." He teased making kissy faces. Michael straight faced him. Me and Chanel started laughing.

"Yo, I got another bag of popcorn popped." Chantel said walking in with Storm.

"Finally...I got the munchies like a---"

"What boy?" Chantel said about to slap her son in the back of the head.

"I'm just playing, Mamá." He said saving his self.

"Ight, I'll be back in a few hours." Ant said with the duffle bag on his shoulders.

"You going now? You gon miss Rey coming back." Storm said in a disappointed tone.

"He'll be here when I get back. Besides...he might slap me when he finds out they're stay, so good." Ant said right before leaving.

"Well I'm going to start dinner." Storm said. Chantel got up and followed to help.

"So what the story on this Rey guy?" Michael said turning to Chanel.

"Whatchu don't know about the famous Rey Elías formally from the biggest organization in LA, the Raizahs?" Jandro said in a smart ass tone.

"He was from the Raizahs?" I said getting interested all of a sudden.

"Him and my dad. As a matter of fact, my grandparents was the leaders." Chanel said nodding.

"Damn, that's bad ass...what happened?" Michael asked.

"Shit...the Lumineers. Those were like the Raizahs' number one enemy. They nearly wiped them out. My dad's parent and my Uncle Santiago...gone. Everyone thought the Raizahs was dead, but nope."

"Anyway, Rey and my dad had to build the business back up from scratch. They just don't call themselves the Raizahs no more." Chanel added to Jandro's story.

"Old picture of them right here." Jandro grabbed a picture frame from the table and showed me and Michael.

"Which one is Rey?" I asked looking around at the faces.

"Oh snap, he not in that one. That's when he was in Portland." Jandro said grabbing back the picture.

"Portland?" Me and Michael said at the same time.

"Yeah...that's just a whole 'nother sappy ass love story." Jandro said waving it off.

"Sappy, huh?" A new deep voice took over the room making me look up. There stood a tall light skinned man holding a bag.

"Uncle Rey, we were just talking bout you!" Chanel jumped up. She gave him a big hug.

"Oh wassup, Uncle Rey." Jandro said laughing nervously.