Orlando's Hell

Chapter 12:

Next Day

I walked downstairs after a sleepless night only to find Orlando sitting on the couch staring off straight. I started to leave him alone, but something was obviously bothering him. I couldn't just know that and move on. I walked cautiously in the living room hoping he would notice me in the room, but he didn't budge.

"Orlando?" I said his name in a soft tone. His head moved down slowly and he sighed.

"What?" He said like I was bothering him. I just shook my head and have up.

"I just wanted to---" I trailed off and lifted my arms. "You know what never mind you obviously don't wanna be bother." I said starting to walk away.

"Whatever..." He said in an uninterested tone. I turned around starting to cuss him out, but his face full of tears and sorrow made me think different.

"What's wrong?" I asked on instant. Orlando smacked his lips and looked away from me.

"Leave like you was bout to do." He said harshly but I knew he didn't mean it. He didn't bother wiping his tears and he let more come down. I frowned in worry and sat right next to him.

"What happened last night?" I said ignoring his request.

"Oh my God would you just leave! You're always trying to fix shit that can't be fixed. This is something you can't fix at all so why even bother?" He yelled but only enough for me to hear and not to wake anyone else up.

"Because I care. I ask so I can know what to do to help. What's wrong with wanting to help someone you care about even if there isn't shit to do about it." I said frowning at him.

"First off---"

"Nothing! There's nothing wrong with that." I corrected whatever he was about to say.

"It is when the shit ain't ya business." He said shaking his head. I cocked my head back and looked the other way.

"Well it kind of is since yo ass is sleeping in my daddy's house." I said getting up. I rolled my eyes and started back up the stairs, but I stopped and looked at him feeling sad for him again.

"Just tell me. Even if I can't help I'm here to listen." I said sitting back down in a much softer voice. Orlando just looked at me like he was confused about something.

"You are..." He trailed off and shook his head. "You're unbelievable." He said in a soft tone which let me know he didn't mean it in a mean way.

"You really wanna know what happened to me last night?" He asked shaking his head. I nodded with no hesitation.

"This whole war on the street thing is all because of my dad. His last resort to becoming like your dad. Well that shit came to me and my mom. These two guys came to our house and kidnapped me and my mom. One of them tortured me trying to find out info about my dad. I kept trinna tell him I didn't know anything about the street game. But instead of listening he..." Orlando trailed off and balled his fist up.

"What happened?" I asked afraid of the answer.

"He killed my mom..." Orlando said staring in the distance. I could see his eyes gloss over letting me know there were tears in the waiting room of his orbs.

"Wow...I'm so sorry." I said shaking my head. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it to let him know I was there. Orlando looked at me and let a tear fall.

"I'm gonna find them and---"

"And what? You're gonna go and kill them so you can get caught and go to jail? You have a future, not him. Don't mess it up because of that son of a bitch." I said as tears feel down my face. I wiped them quickly and squeezed his hand again.