Be Prepared

Chapter 8:

September

"Senior year here we come!" Chanel sung as she jumped down the stairs.

"What did I tell you about jumping on them stairs? I swear since you were, what, 8? Still I gotta tell you?" Chantel said shaking her head at her daughter.

"Sorry momma, I'm just excited for today! It's the last first day of my high school life." Chanel squealed.

"It's mine too...you ain't special." Jandro said smacking his lips as he came down the stairs.

"You always wanna be included in something. Shut up." Michael said rolling her eyes.

"Whatever, Mike." Jandro said back making Michael ball her fist.

"Chill out, Jandro." Chanel said shaking her head at her twin.

"I mean I'm just saying. Nobody was talking to ol' dude." Jandro added making Michael slap his arm hard.

"You always got something to say!" Michael yelled.

"Didn't anybody teach you to keep yo manos to yourself." Jandro said pushing her off her chair. Michael got right back up and tried punching his arm, but Jandro grabbed her arm and twisted it.

"Let go!" Micheal screamed as she attacked him with her free hand.

"Why don't you guys kiss already..." I said rolling my eyes at both of them. They're always fight knowing damn well that they like each other.

"Not even in his dreams." Michael said getting lose from his grip.

"More like nightmares." Jandro said shaking his head at the thought.

"But your still dreaming about me in your sleep, boo." Michael said smirking. Jandro rolled his eyes as his sister and Michael slap five.

"How could you, Chanel?" Their mom said laughing.

"It was a good one." Chanel said laughing in her brother's face.

"What's going on down here? All this squeal and giggling." Ant said as he walked in the kitchen.

"Just your son messing with Michael." Chantel said waving it off like it was no big deal. Ant nodded like he cared, but he just gave his wife a kiss and moved on to the food ready to eat.

"So what are y'all gon do all day?" Chanel said to me and Michael.

"I don't know...go to the mall, have fun, stuff like that." Michael said shrugging.

"Nah...Rey said he bout to put y'all to work. Y'all got fight lessons to go too and the range." Ant said laughing.

"Can't you just let us brag until they leave?" I said with a puppy dog face.

"Haha, thought y'all was special cause y'all out of school early." Jandro said right before he took a sip of orange juice.

"But at least I don't have to sit in front of some teacher and be force to do homework. At least this is actual stuff I'll use in the real world while you'll sit in your math class wonder what it has to do with life." Michael bragged.

"Exactly..." I added just to be silly.

"Wasn't talking to you Big Al." Jandro said.

"You just mad cause we right. And anyway don't try that with me, I ain't Michael. I actually know how to shoot a gun." I said jokily making Jandro look at me with surprise.

"I was just messing with chu." Jandro said smirking with respect that I came back strong.

"Ok y'all gon be late. Go go!" Chantel said waving them away.