Which One

Chapter 9:

October

"Pleaaaaase Papá let us have a Halloween party!" Chanel begged her dad. "Por favor!!"

"No, Chanel we can't have a Halloween party here. Chu know how many wandering teenagers can find our stash of money and more importantly our stash stash." Ant refused making me feel a little sad.

"Pero Papá---"

"No pero. No butts, Chanel!" Ant said in his Spanish accent.

"It'll be fun Tío!" I said begging with Chanel. Ant grunted with no comment. Daddy walked in and frowned at Ant.

"What's wrong with y'all?" He said looking at the three long faces at the table.

"*¿Podría recordar a nuestras hijas que no podemos tener fiestas aquí?" Ant said making me gasp. He only uses Spanish during business or when he's really mad. (*Can you please remind our daughters we can't have parties here?)

"Sí, *no fiestas." Daddy said shrugging. (*no parties)

"*Pero...ustedes tienen partes todo el tiempo aquí!" I whined. (*but...you guys have parties here all the time.)

"I see you've been practicing." Daddy chuckled. "*Y tenemos que pagar las facturas." (*And we pay the bills.)

"This sucks! You never let me do anything. I'm gonna be a social retard my whole senoir year." Chanel complained as she stormed up the stairs. "Mamá!"

"Don't chu dare ask chur mom after I just told chu no." Ant said storming after her.

"What's next you gonna ask your mom too?" Daddy said. I sighed and shook my head.

"Even though I am disappointed, I understand why." I said tapping my fingers on the table. "I haven't made any new friends. All I have is Michael and Chanel. I think I'll go crazy. Plus we haven't had a break in months."

"I know, Al, but that's part of the street game." He explained.

"I know...and I'm gonna have to get use to it if I ever have to take over, but you guys do have parties and this would be the perfect place to have a Halloween party."

"Yes but it's too risky. Do you know how many enemies on the streets' kids go to that school? They can easily slip their kids into this party and find all types of stuff."

"They do that? Send their kids to snoop?" I said surprised.

"All is fair in street and hustle." Daddy said shrugging.

"So can we have a Halloween party---"

"Al---"

"Here me out. Can we have it in like another location? You guys must
own a place that don't hold drugs and money."

"There is our place in South Beach..." He said stroking his beard.

"That would be awesome. A Halloween party on the beach!" I said excitedly.

"Yeah I feel much more comfortable with that, but we'll have to supervise." Daddy said.

"So what! It'll still be sweet! Gracias!" I shouted and ran upstairs to tell Chanel and Michael.

A week later

Michael, Chanel, Auntie Chantel, Mamma, and I went to the mall to get outfits for the week long trip. We decided to stay the whole week of Halloween to make a vacation of it.

"Al, go try this dress on I think it'll look cute on you." Mamma said making me smirk cause it was a really cute. It was a short summer dress, solid black at the top and ruffled with flowers at the bottom.