Chapter 6: Into The City

~Y/n P.O.V.~

Gally led us more into the sewers.

"This is gross," Newt grimaced, "Jesus." He muttered.

It was silent for a couple seconds, till Thomas spoke, "Yeah, this is great." He said sarcastically.

After a little bit more walking, Gally pressed a button, turning on the lights before turning to us, "Stay with me," he turned back forwards, "We got a ways to go." He started walking, us following.

We kept walking a little more, till we came to a stop at a door. Gally opened it a little, peaking through it before he went out, holding it for us before blending in with the crowd. We climbed up some stairs, before revealing large buildings and trains, making Newt, Thomas, and I look at the place in shock and awe.

"This is a long way from the glade." Newt spoke up, looking around the city.

While they were looking at the city in front of them, a lady spoke out, the whole city being able to hear her. She was saying something about a curfew.

Gally nodded, "Yeah, we better get off the streets. And I know it's hard, but act like you've seen it before."

Gally started walking away again. Us three glanced at each other, glancing at the city before following Gally. We were near the streets, waiting for a police car to go by. Once it did, we ran across the street, before pressing our backs against a wall, another cop car going by.

"Definitely upped security," he glanced at us three, "I'm guessing you shanks have something to do with that," he looked see the streets, checking for more cops, "Alright, let's get outta here."

We ran through the streets again. We kept running till we stopped by a wall, "Alright Newt, you're up." He put his hands down for Newt to step on, which he did, then he made his way up. He turned to me next, "Sis, your turn." He boosted me up, Newt helping me.

We waited for Thomas and Gally to get up, and once they did, we jogged a little till we were up at a staircase. We went up the stairs before Gally started talking again, "There it is," he motioned to the big tall building in front of us, "If Wicked's got Minho, that's where they'll be keeping him," he grabbed a telescope, setting up before looking through it, "Lawrence has been trying to find a way in for years. Place is crawling with soldiers. They got surveillance everywhere," Gally leaned on the railing beside Thomas, "Scanners on every floor." He finished.

"Sounds like a bloody fortress." Newt commented.

"Yeah, I thought you said you had a way in." Thomas said, glancing at Gally.

"I might." Gally replied.

I looked at my brother with narrowed eyes, "You might?" I walked forwards a little, "What the hell do you mean you 'might'?" I asked.

"Take a look." Gally said, motioning towards the telescope. I glanced at him, before looking through it. I looked around for a second, before seeing what Gally was talking about. In the building, stood Teresa, in a lab. I knew what he was talking about. Use Teresa to get into there, and get Minho. I stood back up, glancing at Gally, "I said I had a way in. I didn't say you were gonna like it." He said.

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

We got back to the others, and informed them of Gally's plan on using Teresa to rescue Minho. I was silent for the most of it.

They continued talking, till I shook my head, "No. There's gotta be another way." I objected.

"Like what?" Gally asked, "You've seen the building. She's our only way in." He finished, looking at me.

"You really think she's gonna help us?" I questioned.

"I don't plan on asking her for permission." Gally said.

"Am I missing something here?" Brenda spoke up, "This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?" She exclaimed, asking.

Gally motioned to her with his head, "I like her."

I started pacing around, running my hands through my hair, "What's going on?" Brenda asked softly, looking at me.

I turned back to them, but stayed silent, everyone's eyes were on me. They knew I didn't like this plan. But, they and me knew that it was probably the only way of getting Minho back.

"What, are you scared your little friend's gonna get hurt?" Newt broke the silence, turning to look at me, "Hmm?" I turned my gaze to him, looking at him softly with furrowed brows, "Because this has obviously never been just about Minho. Has it?" Newt continued, walking towards me with anger in his eye.

"What are you talking about?" I asked gently.

"Teresa. She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her? Because deep down inside, she's still your friend, isn't she? Admit it." He continued walking towards me, till my back was almost against the wall.

I saw from the corner of my eye, Gally and Thomas' eyes narrowed on Newt, ready to do something if he hurts me.

I looked into Newt's eyes, "Newt, I-"

"Don't lie to me!" He yelled, pushing me against the wall, holding on to my collar from my shirt, "Don't lie to me!"

I saw Gally run over to us once he did that, and push Newt off of me before putting his arm around my shoulders, while I looked at Newt with wide eyes, fear showing in them.

He had calmed down, and met my gaze, "Sorry. I'm sorry." I could tell he saw the fear in my eyes. I looked down, seeing the same hand from earlier, shaking like it did before we left with Gally. Soon, he walked out of the room, not looking back.

Gally had turned me by my shoulders, making me face him, "Are you okay?" He asked in concern.

I nodded, giving him a small reassuring smile before walking out after Newt. I climbed up some stairs, going up to the roof, where I saw Newt sit at the edge.

He must've heard my footsteps, because he turned to look at me, "Sorry about that. Back there." He apologized softly.

I nodded, "It's alright," I took a deep breath, "What's going on with you?" I asked.

He let out a sigh before answering, "I guess I can't hide this anymore." I crouched down, getting to eye level with him, while he lifted up his sleeve, revealing a cut on his arm, with veins crawling around his arm.

I had to stop myself from letting out a sob and tears coming to my cheeks, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Didn't think it would make any difference. All I know, is that Wicked must have put me in that maze for a reason. Maybe it was literally just so they could tell the difference between immunes like you and people like me." He said, looking into my eyes.

I was silent for a minute, looking at his arm before looking at him, "You know, we can still fix this, Newt," I said, "Okay? We can."

He shook his head, "Don't worry about me. This is about Minho. Now, he needs us. So, if there is even the slightest chance we can save him, we can get him out of there, then we have to take that. No matter what the cost." He finished.

I was hesitant at first, before answering, "Okay. I hear you." I nodded.

He nodded back before pulling down his sleeve and looking back at the city in front of us. I looked back too, tears finally falling down onto my cheeks, and a small sob escaped my mouth. From the corner of my eye, I saw Newt look at me with a small frown, but I kept my gaze on the city.

I felt him grab my hand before pulling me down to sit beside him. I let him, sitting down right beside him, draping his arm around my shoulders, kissing my head and whispering in my ear that it was gonna be okay, while I sobbed into his shoulder. But, we both knew it wasn't. Because those veins on his arm, weren't normal.

They were the veins of a crank.