Chapter 11: The Final Fight

(This is a long chapter)

~Y/n P.O.V.~

All of a sudden, Newt growled and lunged at me. I grabbed onto his shoulders, pushing him, not too roughly, on the ground, making him roll a little till he started getting up again.

"Newt? Newt, it's me. It's me!" I said.

He started running at me again, and this time, he tackled me to the ground. I fought back, both of us rolling around, till I pushed him off of me, and got back up to my feet, while he was on all fours.

"Y/n, kill me!" He breathed out roughly, looking up at me.

"Newt." I muttered, cautiously walking towards him.

He growled before lunging at me, tackling me to the ground again. Once I was on the ground, he got on top of me trying to choke me, but I held his wrists. Just then, he started biting at the air, looking down at me.

"Newt, please!" I exclaimed.

I continued holding onto his wrists, trying to get him to stop. Suddenly, he did, but I still held on one of his wrists, while he was still on top of me, breathing heavily.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I'm sorry, Y/n." He muttered, glancing at what was going on.

"It's okay. It's okay." I whispered, catching my breath, while patting his chest a little.

He started growling a little again, before grabbing the gun that was on my leg in the holder, cocking it before aiming it at his head.

"No!" I cried out, swatting the gun out of his hand, and landing it a couple feet away from us.

He screeched, which reminded me of a crank, before starting to attack me again. I finally pushed him off of me, slowly getting on my hands and knees, while he was a couple feet away from me, on all fours.

I saw him bring his hand to his back, grabbing something before screeching again, swinging a knife at me, making me fall on my back again. He got back on top of me, trying to stab me in the chest, but I grabbed his hands before he could do that.

He kept pushing down, trying to stab me, while I was holding onto his hands, trying to keep the knife away from me. Just then, he screeched once again, before using all his force and making the knife go into me a little, causing me to cry out in pain.

I kicked his side, making him fall to the ground. I got on my stomach a little, while Newt turned to me, on his stomach as well, but I hit his face, making him look back down at the ground.

We both got up on our feet. Newt kept swinging the knife at me, while I jumped back every time. Just then, he had grabbed onto me, holding my shoulder while his other arm was in-between out bodies, and my arms were on his shoulders, his chin resting on my shoulder.

We were both heavily breathing, while he was also grunting. We slowly pulled away from each other, his one hand on his chest, making me look down to see the knife plunged into it. He dropped his hand to his side, while I glanced back to him, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Y/n." He whispered, "I... love you."

I saw his smile a little at me, before he collapsed, causing me to grab him before he could hit the ground. His whole body was laying on the ground, not moving at all, while I was on top of him a little, looking at him with tears in my eyes.

"Newt?" I whispered.

His blank face was looking up, eyes staying open, while I was gripping his jacket. A sob escaped my mouth, tears coming down onto my cheeks. In the corner of my eye, I saw Brenda running up to us before stopping in her tracks, seeing Newt on the ground.