Chapter 8: Breaking In

~Y/n P.O.V.~

Teresa and I walked inside the building. I was wearing one of the suits the guards wore, so I would blend in with everyone else.

"Don't stop." I whispered to Teresa.

We went down some stairs, and soon meeting up with Thomas, Newt, and Gally, who were also wearing the guard outfits, blending in.

"Hold on. Hold on," Gally suddenly said, stopping at an electrical box, "I can get us in here. Stay there." He said.

"Throw me the walkie." Thomas spoke.

Gally tossed him the walkie, and we went down another set of stairs. While we were walking, I could hear Newt coughing. The Flare. It was spreading on him. I saw Teresa look at him with a knowing look.

I walked towards the blonde, sitting him down on the stairs, sitting next to him, rubbing his back.

"Frypan, we're in. How you doing?" I heard Thomas say into the radio.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm getting there," I heard Frypan say on the other end, "Tell Minho 'hi' for me." He said.

"Hang in there, buddy." Thomas said, "Brenda, what's your status?" He asked.

"Status is, I'm working on it." Brenda answered on the other end.

"Copy. Just make sure you're ready on your end."

"Don't worry. You know I'm gonna be there."

"Alright, let's go." Gally spoke up.

As soon as the doors opened, we shot the actual guards before they could to us. Once they were all down, I walked up with Newt to one of the doors, revealing kids on the other side, looking scared.

We took off our helmets, revealing our smiling faces, "You guys are okay. Come on." Newt spoke, motioning for them to follow. I saw Thomas and Gally let out more kids from other cells, making me smile a little, knowing that these kids were gonna be safe. I looked around, searching for Minho, but he wasn't here.

"Shit. He's not here," I muttered to Newt before walking right up to Teresa, "Where is he?" I asked, pointing my gun at her stomach.

She turned around, searching on the computer for him, "Somebody's moved him up to the medical wing," she turned back to me, "Y/n, that's on the other side of the building." She informed me.

I nodded, "Okay, take me to him."

"I'm coming with you." Newt spoke up.

"No, you're not," I turned to him, "You have to stay here, wait with Gally and Thomas for the serum." I objected.

"You can't do this on your own, love. Minho comes first, remember?" He retorted.

I sighed, about to object again, till Gally spoke up first, "Just go. We're wasting time. Thomas and I will get the serum." He reassured.

"Okay, fine," I gave in, "Alright, come on. Let's go." I motioned for Newt to follow.

"Hey sis," Gally called, making me turn to face him, "Good luck. I love you." He said.

I stood there in shock for a moment. Despite us being brother and sister, we've never said 'I love you' to each other, at least not that I remember. In the glade, we didn't say it. We probably did before all this happened and when we had our memories, but this is the first time I ever remember him saying it.

I smiled at him, "I love you too." I called back before putting my helmet back on, Newt doing the same, before following Teresa.

"Keep moving." I told her.

I pressed the button for the elevator to open. We waited a couple seconds till the elevator doors finally opened. I pushed Teresa in, before both Newt and I stood behind her. The doors were just about to close, till a hand stop it right before they could.

"Hold it." I heard a familiar voice say.

The doors opened back up again, revealing Janson standing there. My hand clenched around the trigger of my gun, until I felt Newt put his hand on my hand, telling me to calm down, which I did. At least, a little.

Janson stood right beside Teresa, and right in front of me. He turned to her, "You're working late," she glanced at him, nodding with a small smile, "See, that's what I like about you, Teresa. No matter how bleak things get, you just," he paused, "Well, you never give up. Times like this, you need a friend that you can count on." He finished, looking at her.

"I'll bear that in mind." She replied.

"There is one thing you should know. One friend to another. Y/n is here," both Newt and I looked at each other slowly, "A surveillance picked her up outside the walls. Ava didn't want you to know, but there is a chance that she may try to contact you, and if she does, I'd like to think I'd be your first call." Janson said.

"Are you going to kill her?" Teresa asked him, worried for me.

"Would that be a problem?"

Just then, the elevator doors opened, this was our stop.

"This is me." Teresa muttered, leaving the elevator, Newt and I following. But not before bumping shoulders with Janson, harshly.

We left the elevator, the doors closing behind us. As we were walking, Teresa spoke up, "Y/n, you have to listen to me. Getting that serum won't save Newt. It might buy him some time, but-" She tried.

"Just ignore her, love," Newt interrupted, "She's trying to get inside your head."

Teresa ignored Newt, and continued talking to me, "Y/n, listen. You know what's going on out there. People are dying. The world is dying. There's something about your blood, I don't understand." She explained, but I ignored her.

We got to a door, "Open it." I demanded, not looking at her.

She obeyed, opening the door with her keycard before speaking again, "If you let me run some tests," she paused, "I promise I can protect you."

I sighed in frustration, taking off my helmet, "Yeah? Like you protected Minho?" I questioned harshly, getting into her face.

I felt Newt place his hand on my shoulder, "What are you doing?"

I ignored him, "How many people is it gonna take? How many more people do they have to round up, torture, kill? Huh? When the hell does it stop?" I exclaimed, asking.

"It stops when we find a cure." She replied.

"There is no goddamn cure!" I shouted.

There was a silence between us, till someone spoke up, "Don't waste your breath, Teresa," I heard Janson speak up, making us turn to where he was walking up to us, "She made her choice long ago."

Janson and the guards behind him raised there guns at us, while I raised my gun at them, "Drop it, kid!" I heard a guard yell to me.

I grabbed Teresa, wrapping my arm around her neck, her back to my chest, my gun pointed at her head, "Back up. Tell them to back off. Tell them to back off!" I demanded, keeping my gun pointed at Teresa's head.

Janson put his arms up a little, "Hey Y/n, come on," he spoke, "It's me. I've known you longer than you can remember. You're not gonna shoot her." He finished.

"You don't think so?" I asked, still pointing my gun at Teresa's head harshly.

"Okay," Janson nodded, dropping his arms to his sides, "Go on then, shoot her. Prove me wrong. Shoot her." He said.

I clenched my jaw, hesitating. Though I still care for Teresa, part of me did want to shoot her, but I couldn't. I wouldn't. All of a sudden, Teresa got out of my grip, pushing Newt and I in the opened door, before sealing it shut behind her.

Janson and the others kept shooting at the door, but the bullets couldn't get through, so we were safe. I saw Teresa walk off, but not before saying a few words to Janson, before taking one last glance at me before walking away.