Chapter 32

(Author's note)
Greetings everyone! Thank you so much for being ardent readers of this book.
A small request from my side, please do comment your views/reviews. Your honest comments keep me motivated and help me improve.
Thankyou.

___*_____*_____*____*_____*____*___

"Draupadi" Arjun shouted with compunction dripping from his mouth.

"don't you dare, son! no one goes behind the unwanted guest" Kuruvanshi family's matriarch publicised her callous opinion, "everyone" the mother of five pinned her sons in the line of her sight, "get back to your respective work"

Pritha seized her third son's wrist and walked into despondency. She could analyse the thicket of forlorn bounding her son away from a happy state of mind, she comforted herself by rationalising with her decision of not letting him run madly behind his bride,
The girl brings destruction. Pritha's internals highlighted her thoughts.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"When I had shifted from my ancestral home to here, a part of me died, my childhood memories, my love and regard for my elder brother" Paranjay dived into a pond with nostalgic lotuses, he observed his newest daughter in law struggling to wipe her tears after hearing his steady voice.

The father of Draupadi's lover almost immediately pictured his third son's vulnerability when he was being dragged by his mother, Arjun had seemingly begged his father through teary eyes to console his bride.

"Why are you telling this to me?" Draupadi snapped, unable to covert her disinterest.

"Perhaps you don't need valuable lessons, never mind" Jay placed himself on the garden bench which the distraught lady was occupying, he shelved his idea to initiate a conversation, eagerly waiting for her to speak a word or two.

"Where is Arjun?" Draupadi stuttered after a long period of silence.

"Ah! Arjun...Arjun..must be listening to his mother's inconsolable chattering" Jay scoffed a little before acknowledging it to be a bosting opportunity to engage in a heart to heart with the lady.

"Draupadi, dear.." Jay verbalised in a soppy tone, "I apologise on behalf of my wife, she's hurt but she did not intend to wound you"
The woman sniggered sarcastically, a plain thought caused a disturbance in her already troubled mind, what if Paranjay, the previously named Pandu had been alive during her swayamvar or any other historic moment of her life? Things would have certainly changed in that case.
The man was highly mature and overly sweet, not because of his experiences but his nature was such, anyone could be impressed.

"And, one little secret" Paranjay grinned, "My son likes you a lot"

"If he did, he would have been here with me, instead of sending his father" Draupadi involuntary raised her voice, feeling indignant. "I am sorry...I shouldn't have spoken this way"

"It's okay, here.." Jay fiddled with his phone, before turning towards her, "a ticket to Lucknow, the flight leaves in 5 hours, thus, you have some time to take a decision"

The lady mustered enough patience to solubilise his words, speedily reading his face in hesitation, she composed herself thinking that her decision mattered to someone at least.
She observed the ticket details sent on her phone while taking short glimpses of the man's preceding steps.
______________________________

"Good evening ma'am, how may I help you?" the listless man greeted from behind the counter, his languid facial expressions inclined towards the discomfort he had from his job.

"Yeah.." Draupadi sounded befuddled, she scanned her surroundings to check for any known face, especially that of Arjun,
the bustling noises seemed to deafen her strength and the bright lights straining her previously weeping orbs. "I have a flight with your airlines to Lucknow, may I know the exact departure time?"