Chapter 14

Her head weighed upon his shoulder, splattered heavy tears on their faces, she was like an immovable doll, sometimes only the voice of her snuffling could be heard,

Arjun's tired eyes hazily previewed a scene from the past,
His first night in her chambers after returning from exile, her fragile and defeated body lifelessly sinking in the ground, her head trying to force the pillar to move backwards, dim lights welcomed him, he quietly joined her in her deep introspection before feeling her head on his shoulder, their fingers united but silence still prevailed.
"Look where Destiny brought us..." She enunciated eyeing their intertwined fingers,
Tears rushed from his eyes to answer her questioning tears.
The moon, the stars could do nothing but helplessly stare at the powerless couple.

Arjun felt a tiny spark of hope ignite the left optimism of his heart, at least there will be no exile in this life, at least he will not leave her to struggle alone, at least she will not die internally like she did each time the news of his new alliance reached her in the past.

Arjun's blue tuxedo happened to be a thin layer between her tears and his heart, his shoulder turned the warmest and even damper, her overwhelming emotional outflow dreaded him even more, she was howling now, her hand over his heart and face hiding in his arms, the man who was merely providing physical support couldn't even imagine the magnanimity of his beloved's pain, after all, out of all of them, she had the most horrifying past!

Cold blood sent alarming signals across his body, her hand gripped his mandible and forced him to face her,
"You think you could have hidden all this from me?" A deafening whisper blasted his ears, he dared to meet her eyes,
Her body was no more beside him,
She was standing with her eyes looking down at him,
The red and black shiny ball gown which covered her perfect curves had fresh and moist green grass stuck on it.

"Draupadi is not as weak as you think of her" she let it out while pressuring her eyes with her palms to immediately put an end to the crying session.

"Drau..." Arjun's feeble words stayed in his mouth as she indicated him to remain mum.

"I think we shouldn't talk until I completely compose myself" Declaring her idea, she went to freshen herself and then join the partying.

"How are you feeling now, dear?" Drupad cornered his daughter,
"I am fine, dad" she replied and then he introduced her to some of his friends.

"One margarita, please" she requested the bartender after escaping from the claustrophobic talks of her father and his mates.
The drink stimulated a sense of tingling inside her, a tingling which proved to be destructive for the stocked past memories inside her brain.

"One for me, too" a rapid voice smiled at her,

"Daughter in law? Where is the daughter in law of the Kuru clan? I can only see a whore standing amidst the men in this sabha!"  Kunti's firstborn shamelessly proclaimed.

"Karan?" Draupadi muttered under her breath, her eyes reddened with yet another traumatic event of her previous birth.

"Hi? Really wanted to catch up with you" he winked this time, however, the sullen woman was already under the influence of alcohol.

"Why don't we dance for some while, the dance floor looks quite empty without you" His croaky throat beamed words towards his mouth.

The princess of Panchala no more viewed him as the king of Anga, her internals were euphoric after being two glasses up.

"Why not?" His filthy hand palmed her soft and slender one,
Samarth's creepy smile made Suyan bite his lower lip,
Was she really dancing merrily with Karan?